[25 September 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension, Roxane
500 mL bottles (NDC 00054-3630-63)
Naprosyn 25 mg/mL oral suspension, Genentech
480 mL bottles (NDC 00004-0028-28)
Reason for the Shortage
- Roxane is discontinuing their naproxen oral suspension.
- Genentech could not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Palmetto acquired naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension in June 2013. Pharmacy wholesalers can contact Palmetto to obtain product.
Naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension - Palmetto
500 mL bottles (NDC 68734-0363-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Roxane is discontinuing naproxen oral suspension. The company may have limited supplies available through November, 2013.
- Genentech has Naprosyn oral suspension on long term back order, and the company cannot estimate a release date.
September 25, 2013; September 12, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins