[03 March 2014]
Products Affected - Description
Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, Paddock
200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, (NDC 00574-0820-01)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, (NDC 00574-0820-10)
Depo-testosterone intramuscular injection, Pfizer
100 mg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00009-0347-02)
200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00009-0417-01)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00009-0417-02)
Reason for the Shortage
- Paddock has testosterone on back order due to increased demand and shipping delays from their contract manufacturer.
- West-Ward had testosterone cypionate on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Sandoz discontinued testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL 1 mL and 10 mL vials in September 2011. Sandoz discontinued final presentation in first half of 2012.
Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, Watson
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00591-3223-79)
Testosterone Cypionate intramuscular injection, West-Ward
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00143-9726-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Paddock has both testosterone cypionate presentations on intermittent back order and the company is allocating supplies as they become available.
- Pfizer has all testosterone cypionate presentations on allocation.
March 3, 2014; February 27, 2014; January 15, 2014; November 26, 2013; November 14, 2013; November 11, 2013; November 1, 2013; September 11, 2013; August 8, 2013; May 8, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins