[29 April 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Aminophylline injection, American Regent
25 mg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-3810-25)
25 mg/mL, 20 mL vial (NDC 00517-3820-25)
Aminophylline injection, Hospira
25 mg/mL, 10 mL vials (NDC 00409-5921-01)
25 mg/mL, 20 mL vials (NDC 00409-5922-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent had temporarily suspended distribution of most drug products in April, 2011.
- American Regent resumed manufacturing in Shirley, New York in early-May, 2011.
- Hospira states that the shortage is due to manufacturing delays.
- Hospira discontinued aminophylline ampules in September, 2011.
- Theophylline injection is available from BBraun and may be affected by this shortage.
There are no presentations available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has both aminophylline 25 mg/mL injections on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Hospira has aminophylline 25 mg/mL 10 mL vials and 20 mL vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of May 2013.
April 29, 2013; March 20, 2013; February 26, 2013; January 16, 2013; January 4, 2013; November 13, 2012; October 24, 2012; September 19, 2012; August 7, 2012; July 25, 2012; May 18, 2012; March 22, 2012; February 24, 2012; February 3, 2012; January 11, 2012; November 23, 2011; October 17, 2011; October 11, 2011; September 14, 2011; August 16, 2011; July 22, 2011; June 29, 2011; April 25, 2011; March 11, 2011; February 25, 2011; February 14, 2011; January 19, 2011; December 29, 2010; December 21, 2010; November 29, 2010, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins