[18 June 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Tamiflu 6 mg/mL oral suspension, Genentech
60 mL bottles (NDC 00004-0820-09)
Reason for the Shortage
- Genentech has Tamiflu suspension on shortage due to increased demand for the product.
- Tamiflu capsules are available and are not affected by this backorder.
No presentation is readily available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Genentech has Tamiflu 6 mg/mL oral suspension in 60 mL bottles on back order until the next influenza season.
- Genentech provides instructions for compounding an extemporaneous 6 mg/mL oral suspension from 75 mg capsules if required. A detailed recipe is available in the product prescribing information or online.
- Genentech also provides instructions for opening capsules and administering with chocolate syrup, corn syrup, caramel syrup, or dissolved light brown sugar in the product labeling available online.
June 18, 2013; March 29, 2013; February 28, 2013; February 6, 2013; January 11, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins