[09 May 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Multitrace, American Regent
Multitrace-4 Concentrate, 1 mL vial (NDC 00517-7201-25)
Multitrace-4 Concentrate, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-7210-25)
Multitrace-4 Neonatal, 2 mL vial (NDC 00517-6202-25)
Multitrace-4 Regular, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-7410-25)
Multitrace-4 Pediatric, 3 mL vial (NDC 00517-9203-25)
Multitrace-5 Regular, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-8510-25)
Multitrace-5 Concentrate 1 mL vial (NDC 00517-8201-25)
Multitrace-5 Concentrate 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-8210-25)
Trace elements, American Regent
Trace elements-4 pediatric injection, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-9310-25)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent has several trace element presentations on back order due to manufacturing delays.
- American Regent is the sole supplier of combined trace elements.
There are no products readily available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has Multitrace-4 Regular 10 mL vials, Multitrace-4 concentrate 1 mL vials, Multitrace-4 Neonatal 2 mL vials, Multitrace-4 Pediatric 3 mL vials, Multitrace-5 Regular 10 mL vials, and Multitrace-5 Concentrate 1 mL and 10 mL vials on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- American Regent Multihance-4 Concentrate 10 mL vials are available as a drop shipment but with an expiration date of May 31, 2013. Release dates of more product with better expiration dating are unknown at this time.
- American Regent has Trace Elements-4 Pediatric injection on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
May 9, 2013; April 9, 2013; March 20, 2013; March 18, 2013; March 4, 2013; February 20, 2013; January 21, 2013; January 4, 2013; December 4, 2012; November 16, 2012; November 1, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins