[10 May 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Empty Evacuated Containers, Hospira
250 mL Product code (01614-02)
500 mL Product code (01614-03)
1000 mL Product code (01614-05)
Empty Evacuated Containers, Baxter
250 mL, Product code (1A8502)
500 mL, Product code (1A8503)
1000 mL, Product code (1A8504)
Evacuated Glass Containers, B. Braun
250 mL, Product code (S9902-10)
500 mL, Product code (S9901-10)
1000 mL, Product code (S9900-10)
Reason for the Shortage
- Hospira is changing the type of stoppers used for empty evacuated containers, and will not have containers available until the transition is complete.
- Baxter has empty evacuated containers on shortage due to supply constraints.
- B. Braun has evacuated glass containers on shortage due to increased demand for the product and raw material constraints.
No products are fully available at this time.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Hospira has all empty evacuated containers on back order with an estimated release date in late third quarter of 2013.
- Baxter has empty evacuated containers 250 mL and 1000 mL sizes available for allocation by direct order only. The manufacturer cannot estimate when the containers will become fully available. The 500 mL size is on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- B. Braun has all evacuated glass containers on allocation for customers who have a recent previous order history.
May 10, 2013; March 1, 2013; December 21, 2012; December 17, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins