[01 May 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Vistide injection, Gilead
75 mg/mL, 5 mL vials (NDC 61958-0101-01)
Cidofovir injection, Heritage Pharmaceuticals
75 mg/mL, 5 mL vial (NDC 23155-0216-31)
Cidofovir injection, Mylan Institutional
75 mg/mL, 5 mL vials (NDC 67457-0210-05)
Reason for the Shortage
- Gilead recalled one lot of Vistide on February 4, 2013, due to particulate matter in some vials.
- Mylan Institutional launched cidofovir injection in mid-March 2013.
- Heritage could not provide a reason for the shortage.
No presentations are available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Gilead has Vistide 75 mg/mL vials on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Heritage has cidofovir injection on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Mylan Institutional has cidofovir injection on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
May 1, 2013; April 3, 2013; March 29, 2013; February 15, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins