[01 April 2013]
Products Affected - Description
Cyanocobalamin injection, American Regent
1000 mcg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00517-0031-25)
1000 mcg/mL, 10 mL vial (NDC 00517-0032-25)
1000 mcg/mL, 30 mL vial (NDC 00517-0130-05)
Cyanocobalamin injection, APP
1000 mcg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 63323-0044-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent had temporarily suspended manufacture of most drug products including cyanocobalamin injection in April, 2011.
- American Regent resumed manufacturing in Shirley, New York in early-May, 2011.
- APP has cyanocobalamin injection on shortage due to increased demand for the product.
No presentations are readily available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has all cyanocobalamin 1000 mcg/mL presentations on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date. Limited supply may be available of the 1000 mcg/mL 1 mL vials at wholesalers or for drop shipment.
- APP has cyanocobalamin 1000 mcg/mL 1 mL vials on intermittent back order and the company is releasing supplies regularly. Check wholesalers for inventory.
April 1, 2013; February 20, 2013; January 24, 2013; January 2, 2013; December 12, 2012; November 13, 2012; November 6, 2012; October 30, 2012; October 11, 2012; October 5, 2012; September 5, 2012; July 17, 2012; June 29, 2012; May 18, 2012; April 17, 2012; April 11, 2012; March 6, 2012; January 31, 2012; December 13, 2011; November 11, 2011; October 11, 2011; August 24, 2011; August 10, 2011; July 22, 2011; June 23, 2011; May 12, 2011; April 14, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2013, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins