- Where is the ASHP 2010 Summer Meeting & Exhibition being held?
- Who should I contact if I require special assistance during the meeting?
- What is the attire for the Summer Meeting?
- What is the weather like in June in Tampa?
- What's new and notable about this year's Summer Meeting?
- Is my child allowed at the Summer Meeting?
- Does the Convention Center have public parking if I am planning to drive to the meeting?
- Can I smoke at the Convention Center?
- Does the Convention Center have a business center?
- Does the Convention Center have wireless access to the internet?
- What is the Itinerary Planner?
- Will handouts be available for educational sessions?
- Will recordings of the educational sessions be available for purchase?
- Where do I go to record my CE for Symposia?
- Can I bring a guest to the meeting?
- Can a guest attend the Opening Session on Monday?
- Can a guest attend the Lunch in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday?
- If I was unable to make a hotel reservation in the hotel of my choice, what should I do?
- What is the Headquarter Hotel?
- What is the tax on the hotel rooms?
- Do the hotel rates include complimentary internet access?
- Why can't we reserve our hotel room directly with the hotel or a discount internet provider?
- What is the closest airport to the Tampa Convention Center?
- How far is the airport from the Summer Meeting hotels and Convention Center?
- Will shuttle service be provided to/from the Tampa International Airport?
- What is the cost to/from the airport and downtown Tampa?
- Will ASHP provide shuttle service to the Convention Center each day?
- What is the location and hours for on-site Registration?
1. Where is the ASHP 2010 Summer Meeting & Exhibition being held?
The Summer Meeting is being held at the Tampa Convention Center. Located directly on the waterfront in the heart of downtown Tampa, the Tampa Convention Center is conveniently located 9 miles from the Tampa International Airport (TPA) , within easy walking distance of all official Summer Meeting hotels, and just steps away from restaurants, movie theaters, shops and more! Tampa was the selection of this year's meeting site due to its accessibility, meeting space, and affordable hotel rates.
2. Who should I contact if I require special assistance during the meeting?
If you have any disability for which you require an auxiliary aid or special service while attending this meeting, please contact Krystal Stotz by May 14 at 301-664-8602 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What is the attire for the Summer Meeting?
The attire at ASHP national meetings is business casual.
4. What is the weather like in June in Tampa?
In June, the average high is 90 degrees and average low is 73 degrees. Convention Centers tend to be cool and ASHP highly recommends that you pack a light sweater to wear while attending sessions!
5. What's new and notable about this year's Summer Meeting?
We think you'll notice many improvements, including:
- All official Summer Meeting hotels are located within easy walking distance of the Convention Center creating a "community" feel and reducing the time spent travelling to/from the hotels (the Embassy Suites Tampa is evnt connected by Skybridge to the Convention Center);
- All official Summer Meeting hotel ASHP rates include complimentary in-room access to the internet (if the reservation was made through The Housing Connection, ASHP's ONLY official housing company for the meeting);
- Convenient location to the airport reducing travel time and costs;
- Improved advance communications via our Monthly Attendee Newsletters, beginning in March and providing up to date meeting information, travel tips, your personal barcode to be used in the fast lane of Scan & Go Registration, and more;
- Increased social responsibility, community service project and recycling of badges;
- Increased seating areas to provide a place to take a break between sessions or meet up with colleagues;
- Exhibit Hall hours; Sunday from 5:00-7:00p.m. with a Grand Opening Reception, Monday from 11:00a.m. - 2:00p.m., and Tuesday from 11:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.;
- ASHP hosted Lunch on Tuesday in the Exhibit Hall;
- Pre-meeting Student programming scheduled on Saturday and Sunday;
- Wednesday sessions scheduled to provide attendees the opportunity to catch afternoon flights home; sessions from 8:00-10:30a.m., break from 10:30-10:45 a.m., and sessions from 10:45a.m.-1:15p.m.;
- Meet the Experts Session in the Exhibit Hall on Monday and Tuesday;
- New "Mentor an Emerging Leader" program;
- New Opening General Session time, 10:00a.m.-11:00a.m.;
- Registration opens on Saturday at 12 Noon for all attendees!
6. Is my child allowed at the Summer Meeting?
For health and safety considerations, children under the age of 16 years will not be admitted to the exhibits, poster sessions, or educational programs.
1. Does the Convention Center have public parking if I am planning to drive to the meeting?
Parking is available in the Tampa Convention Center Garage located directly adjacent to the TCC and in the South Regional Garage located one block to the east of the Convention Center. Parking fees are hourly and range can from $1.60 to $9.50 per day (subject to change).
2. Can I smoke at the Convention Center?
The Convention Center is a non smoking facility.
3. Does the Convention Center have a business center?
Yes, the Tampa Convention Center's business center, cybercenter is your office away from home. Business services on-site include high speed digital copying, shipping, facsimile sending and/or receiving and printing services. Comfortable computer workstations accept most Ethernet laptops for printing (laser and color copies and Internet access).
4. Does the Convention Center have wireless access to the internet?
The Tampa Convention Center offers a complimentary WiFi hotspot, JavaZone, which is located on the first floor. Enjoy your favorite cup of coffee while surfing the Internet or checking your email. WiFi cards can be purchased at the business center, cybercenter.
1. What is the Itinerary Planner?
This tool helps you get the most out of your time at the Summer Meeting. It is a database of the Summer Meeting's
- CE Activities
- House of Delegate Activities
- Networking Sessions
- Special Programs
Go to http://ce.ashp.org and click on Meeting on the top navigation bar after logging on.
Using the Itinerary Planner, you can search the Summer Meeting by day and/or by programming track, and you can view
- Learning Objectives
- Session Schedules
- Presenter Bios
- Handouts and Abstracts (available in late May)
To save any item to your Planner, simply click on it. You can then print your planner or send it to Outlook.
To get full use of the Itinerary Planner, log in to the ASHP Learning Center. Then, if information is updated or changed, you receive automatic updates.
2. Will handouts be available for educational sessions?
Access to handouts, presentation slides, and abstracts will be available free to all pre-registered meeting attendees approximately two weeks prior to the Summer Meeting through the ASHP Learning Center and the Itinerary Planner. Go to http://ce.ashp.org
3. Will recordings of the educational sessions be available for purchase?
Audio-synched recordings (slides and presenters) of most sessions will be available for downloading free to all full-time registered attendees soon after the Meeting. Access is through the ASHP Learning Center. Non-attendees may purchase downloads of audio-synched sessions through the ASHP Learning Center following the meeting. Go to http://ce.ashp.org
4. Where do I go to record my CE for Symposia?
Information on how to record your CE is given out at the symposia. If the CE provider is ASHP Advantage, you may record your CE through the ASHP Learning Center at http://ce.ashp.org For other providers, please follow the instructions provided at the symposia. If you have questions, names and phone numbers of contacts are provided on the symposia listing.
1. Can I bring a guest to the meeting?
Yes, however, an official Guest Program has not been scheduled during the meeting. Guests of registrants are welcome to purchase on an a-la-carte basis a ticket to the specially planned events:
- Sunday Evening's Grand Opening Reception in the Exhibit Hall from 5:00p.m.-7:00p.m (Tickets are $25);
- Monday's Opening Session (10:00a.m.-11:00a.m.) and access to the Exhibit Hall on Monday (Tickets are $25);
- Tuesday's Harvey A.K. Whitney Lecture Award Reception and Dinner from 7:00p.m.-10:00p.m. (Tickets are $90);
- Lunch in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday (Doors open at 11:00a.m. Lunch service is based on availability after 12:15 pm. You must be 16 years or older to enter the Exhibit Hall. Tickets are $40).
Tickets can be purchased on-site at the meeting in the Staffed Registration Area. Tickets for the Grand Opening Reception and Whitney Reception and Dinner can also be purchased prior to the meeting (on-line or on the registration form).
2. Can a guest attend the Opening Session on Monday?
Yes, guests may attend but must have a badge. Badges can be purchased on-site at the meeting in the Staffed Registration Area. Tickets are $25 and include access to the Exhibit Hall too!
3. Can a guest attend the Lunch in the Exhibit Hall on Tuesday?
Yes, a ticket for the lunch can be purchased on-site at the meeting in the Staffed Registration Area. Please note: Doors open at 11:00a.m. Lunch service is based on availability after 12:15 pm. You must be 16 years or older to enter the Exhibit Hall. Tickets are $40.
1. If I was unable to make a hotel reservation in the hotel of my choice, what should I do?
ASHP suggests you make a reservation at one of the other official Summer Meeting hotels and continue to check the hotel reservation page and/or directly with The Housing Connection for availability at your first choice hotel. As the meeting approaches, and both attendees and exhibitors confirm their final travel arrangements, often times rooms become available.
2. What is the Headquarter Hotel?
The Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina.
3. What is the tax on the hotel rooms?
The current tax is 12% (subject to change).
4. Do the hotel rates include complimentary internet access?
Yes! The ASHP special convention rates include complimentary access to the internet in the guest rooms. In order to be eligible to receive access, the reservation must have been made through The Housing Connection, ASHP's ONLY official Housing Company for the Summer Meeting.
5. Why can't we reserve our hotel room directly with the hotel or a discount internet provider?
The number of guest rooms reserved by ASHP attendees and exhibitors determines whether or not the meeting qualifies as a "city-wide" convention. Fulfilling this standard requirement enables us to hold our meeting in the cities that meet our space, location, and rate criteria. It also allows us to receive all of the benefits and services provided by the hotels and local Convention and Visitors Bureau reserved for city-wide conventions.
Other extremely important outcomes of your reserving your hotel room through our housing bureau are;
- ASHP has the ability to communicate with attendees and exhibitors via door drops, front desk fliers and in room TV;
- We can plan for and provide adequate shuttle service during the meeting (if provided);
- We can avoid financial penalties for not filling our room block commitments and;
- We can negotiate lower and more favorable rates for future meetings (more rooms equals greater buying power and lower costs for everyone).
For these reasons, please reserve rooms through The Housing Connection, ASHP's ONLY official Housing Company for the Summer Meeting.
1. What is the closest airport to the Tampa Convention Center?
Tampa International Airport (TPA) is the main airport servicing the Tampa Bay area.
2. How far is the airport from the Summer Meeting hotels and Convention Center?
The airport is approximately 9 miles and a 20-25 minute ride from downtown Tampa.
3. Will shuttle service be provided to/from the Tampa International Airport?
ASHP does not provide airport shuttle service. Taxis and airport shuttles are readily available at the airport and hotels.
4. What is the cost to/from the airport and downtown Tampa?
The airport is served by Yellow Cab and United Cab. Both companies charge the same fares: $2 plus $2.25 per mile. The minimum fee from the airport is $15. Once the meter exceeds the $15, the minimum no longer applies. There is a maximum flat rate fee of $25 (one-way) to Downtown Tampa and the cruise port. Taxi cab service is provided from the Commercial Ground Transportation Quadrants located in all four corners of the Baggage Claim Level. Shuttle Service is also available. Blue 1 is providing ASHP attendees with discounted service ($10 per person). Get your Blue 1 coupon
5. Will ASHP provide shuttle service to the Convention Center each day?
All hotels are within easy walking distance of the Convention Center, and thus, shuttle service is not required.
To view the hotel map, please click here. The Embassy Suites is connected to the Convention Center via Skybridge!
1. What is the location and hours for on-site Registration?
Registration will be located on the 2nd Floor of the Tampa Convention Center and open during the following hours:
|Staffed Registration & Customer Relations
||12:00 pm - 5:30pm
||7:30am - 5:30pm
||7:30am - 2:00pm
||7:30am - 2:00pm
||7:30am - Noon
||12:00 pm - 5:30pm
||7:30pm - 7:00pm
||7:30am - 4:00pm
||7:30am - 2:00pm
||7:30am - Noon