Products Affected - Description
Naprosyn 25 mg/mL oral suspension, Genentech
480 mL bottles (NDC 00004-0028-28)
Reason for the Shortage
- Roxane discontinued their naproxen oral suspension in June 2013.
- Genentech could not provide a reason for the shortage.
- Palmetto acquired naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension in June 2013.
Naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension - Palmetto
500 mL bottles (NDC 68134-0363-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Palmetto has naproxen 25 mg/mL oral suspension readily available and has been supplying the market for several months.
- Genentech has Naprosyn oral suspension on long term back order, and the company cannot estimate a release date.
February 18, 2015; November 26, September 5, June 11, May 7, March 6, 2014; December 19, September 12 and 25, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins