Products Affected - Description
Namenda XR capsules, Forest
14 mg capsules, unit-dose, 100 count (NDC 00456-3414-63)
14 mg capsules, 30 count (NDC 00456-3414-33)
14 mg capsules, 90 count (NDC 00456-3414-90)
21 mg capsules, 30 count (NDC 00456-3421-33)
28 mg capsules, 30 count (NDC 00456-3428-33)
28 mg capsules, unit-dose, 100 count (NDC 00456-3428-63)
28 mg capsules, 90 count (NDC 00456-3428-90)
Titration pack, 28 capsules (NDC 00456-3400-29)
Namenda tablets, Forest
Titration pack, 49 tablets (NDC 00456-3200-14)
5 mg tablets, 60 count (NDC 00456-3205-60)
5 mg tablets, unit dose, 100 count (NDC 00456-3205-63)
10 mg tablets, 60 count (NDC 00456-3210-60)
10 mg tablets, unit dose, 100 count (NDC 00456-3210-63)
Reason for the Shortage
- Forest states the reason for the shortage of Namenda XR capsules is manufacturing delay.
- Forest plans to discontinue all Namenda immediate-release tablets in Fall 2014. The discontinuation date was extended from August 2014 to Fall 2014 to ensure adequate supplies of the Namenda XR product. Forest states the reason for discontinuing the Namenda immediate-release tablets is to focus on the Namenda XR extended-release capsules.
- Forest will continue to market Namenda oral solution.
Namenda XR capsules, Forest
7 mg capsules, 30 count (NDC 00456-3407-33)
Namenda oral solution, Forest
2 mg/mL, 360 mL bottle (NDC 00456-3202-12)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Forest has the Namenda XR titration pack and Namenda XR 14 mg capsules in unit-dose, 28 mg capsules in 90 count, 28 mg capsules in unit-dose, and 14 mg in 90 count on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date. Namenda XR 14 mg in 30 count, 28 mg in 30 count, and 21 mg in 30 count are available in limited supply and under allocation.
- Forest has all Namenda tablet presentations available and these presentations will continue to be available through Fall 2014. Product can be dispensed until supplies are depleted.
August 7, 2014; June 23, 2014; April 23, 2014; March 31, 2014; February 19, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins