Products Affected - Description
Propranolol intravenous injection, Fresenius Kabi
1 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 10 count (NDC 63323-0604-01)
Propranolol intravenous injection, Sandoz
1 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 10 count (NDC 00781-3777-95)
Propranolol intravenous injection, West-Ward
1 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 10 count (NDC 00143-9872-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- Ben Venue closed its plant in Bedford, Ohio in July 2014.
- Fresenius Kabi has propranolol injection on back order due to shortage of raw materials.
- Sandoz cannot provide a reason for the shortage.
- West-Ward has propranolol injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
There are no presentations available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Fresenius Kabi has propranolol 1 mg/mL 1 mL vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of 3rd quarter 2015.
- Sandoz has propranolol 1 mg/mL 1 mL vials temporarily unavailable and the company cannot estimate a new production date.
- West-Ward has propranolol 1 mg/mL 1 mL vials on allocation.
June 8, May 1, April 3, March 9, February 19, January 22, 2015; November 25, October 13, August 26 and 28, July 11, June 11, May 8 and 12, April 11, 2014, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins