Products Affected - Description
Dexrazoxane Injection, Mylan Institutional
250 mg vial, 1 count (NDC 67457-0207-25)
Totect Kit, Biocodex USA
500 mg vial, package of 10 (NDC 38423-0110-01 (only for extravasation injuries)
Reason for the Shortage
- Biocodex USA acquired Totect from Apricus Pharmaceuticals in April 2013.
- Mylan Institutional cannot provide a reason for the shortage.
- West-Ward Pharmaceuticals' parent company, Hikma Pharmaceuticals, acquired dexrazoxane injection from Bedford in July 2014. West-Ward is not actively marketing dexrazoxane injection at this time.
Dexrazoxane injection, Mylan Institutional
500 mg, vial, 1 count (NDC 67457-0208-50)
Zinecard injection, Pfizer
250 mg vial, 1 count (NDC 00013-8717-62)
500 mg vial, 1 count (NDC 00013-8727-89)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Mylan Institutional has dexrazoxane 250 mg vials on intermittent back order and the company is releasing supplies as they become available.
- Biocodex USA has not yet started manufacturing Totect and the company cannot estimate when product will be available.
August 26 and 5, July 1, May 14, March 9, January 21, 2015; November 20, October 13, August 8, June 2, April 3, 2014; December 23, October 28, September 23, August 6 and 29, July 15 and 25, May 28, April 17, February 22 and 26; December 17, November 30, September 14, July 26, June 5, May 25, April 17 and 27, March 8, February 8, January 11 and 13; December 14, November, 30, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins