Products Affected - Description
Calcium gluconate 100 mg/mL, American Regent
50 mL vials (NDC 00517-3950-25)
100 mL vials (NDC 00517-3900-25)
Calcium gluconate 100 mg/mL, Fresenius Kabi
10 mL vials (NDC 63323-0311-10)
50 mL vials (NDC 63323-0311-50)
100 mL vials (NDC 63323-0311-61)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent has calcium gluconate on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Fresenius Kabi had calcium gluconate on shortage due to increase demand for the product.
- American Regent has issued a statement that all lots of calcium gluconate may contain glass particles and filters must be used. Do not use if there are visible glass particles and filter all other product.
There are insufficient supplies for usual ordering.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has calcium gluconate 100 mg/mL 50 mL and 100 mL vials on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Fresenius Kabi has calcium gluconate 50 mL and 100 mL bulk vials intermittent back order and the company is releasing product as it becomes available. Calcium gluconate 10 mL vials are on back order and the company estimates a release date in late-January 2015. Check wholesaler for availability.
January 16, 2015; December 12, 2014; November 14, 2014; October 13, 2014; September 18, 2014; September 10, 2014; September 3, 2014; August 1, 2014; July 21, 2014; June 4, 2014; May 21, 2014; May 1, 2014; March 28, 2014; March 3, 2014; February 10, 2014; January 21, 2014; December 13, 2013; November 13, 2013; October 28, 2013; September 12, 2013; September 3, 2013; August 13, 2013; August 1, 2013; July 11, 2013; June 18, 2013; May 23, 2013; April 22, 2013; April 10, 2013; April 1, 2013; March 25, 2013; February 21, 2013; January 2, 2013; December 10, 2012; November 19, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins