Products Affected - Description
Enalaprilat Injection, Bedford
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 55390-0010-10)
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 55390-0011-10)
Enalaprilat Injection, Hospira
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00409-2122-01)
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 00409-2122-02)
Enalaprilat Injection, West-Ward
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00143-9787-10)
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 00143-9786-10)
Reason for the Shortage
- Ben Venue has stopped production in its plant in Bedford, Ohio and closed in 2014.
- Teva has discontinued both of their products.
- Hospira has enalaprilat injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- West-Ward has enalaprilat injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
No presentations are available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Hospira has enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 1 mL and 2 mL vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of October 2014 for the 1 mL vials and November 2014 for the 2 mL vials.
- West-Ward has enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 2 mL vials on back order and the company estimates release dates of mid- to late-October 2014.The 1 mL vials are on allocation.
September 30, 2014; September 8, 2014; August 6, 2014; July 14, 2014; July 3, 2014; May 30, 2014; May 13, 2014; April 14, 2014; January 17, 2014; October 15, 2013; July 16, 2013; April 17, 2013; February 21, 2013; December 21, 2012; November 27, 2012; October 30, 2012; September 18, 2012; July 12, 2012; July 5, 2012; May 24, 2012; May 2, 2012; April 11, 2012; March 6, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins