Products Affected - Description
Enalaprilat Injection, Bedford
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 55390-0010-10)
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 55390-0011-10)
Enalaprilat Injection, Hospira
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00409-2122-01)
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 00409-2122-02)
Enalaprilat Injection, West-Ward
1.25 mg/mL, 1 mL vial (NDC 00143-9787-10)
Reason for the Shortage
- Ben Venue has stopped production in its plant in Bedford, Ohio and will close in 2014. Ben Venue has stopped production in its plant in Bedford, Ohio and will close in early 2014. Ben Venue supplies multiple sterile injectable products for Bedford Laboratories. Supplies of product that has already been manufactured will continue to be released until inventory is depleted. Bedford Laboratories has a small number of products manufactured elsewhere that are not affected by this closure.
- Teva has discontinued both of their products.
- Hospira has enalaprilat injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- West-Ward has enalaprilat injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
Enalaprilat Injection, West-Ward
1.25 mg/mL, 2 mL vial (NDC 00143-9786-10)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Bedford has enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 1 mL and 2 mL vials on long-term back order and the company cannot estimate a release date. Ben Venue manufactured enalaprilat for Bedford.
- Hospira has enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 2 mL vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of September 2014. Enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 1 mL vials are on back order and the company estimates a release date in August 2014.
- West-Ward has enalaprilat 1.25 mg/mL 1 mL vials available on allocation.
July 14, 2014; July 3, 2014; May 30, 2014; May 13, 2014; April 14, 2014; January 17, 2014; October 15, 2013; July 16, 2013; April 17, 2013; February 21, 2013; December 21, 2012; November 27, 2012; October 30, 2012; September 18, 2012; July 12, 2012; July 5, 2012; May 24, 2012; May 2, 2012; April 11, 2012; March 6, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins