Products Affected - Description
All presentations are available.
Reason for the Shortage
- West-Ward launched thiotepa in August 2015.
- FDA is allowing temporary importation of Tepadina (thiotepa), from Adienne SA in Italy. Product may be ordered directly through Adienne SA. The solution is similar in formulation to US thiotepa. The main differences between the two products are listed below.
- Tepadina comes in 15 mg and 100 mg vials while the US thiotepa from Bedford only comes in a 15 mg vial. Reconstitution of the products should still yield a final concentration of 10 mg/mL and therefore use caution in choosing vial size and volume of diluent.
- Tepadina is indicated for different uses and therefore different dosing regimens are on the Europe labeling compared to US labeling, but it is the same product as in the US.
- The bar coding for the Italian product will not provide correct information to bar code readers since the manufacturing code is not an NDC number.
Thiotepa lyophilized powder for solution for injection, West-Ward
15 mg, vial, 1 count (NDC 00143-9565-01)
Tepadina, Adienne SA
15 mg vial, 1 count (NDC 53964-0001-01)
100 mg vial, 1 count (NDC 53964-0002-02)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- West-Ward has thiotepa available.
- Adienne SA is supplying Tepadina directly to hospitals and not through wholesalers. Orders can be placed directly with Adienne SA. Orders are shipped Monday through Wednesday to ensure product can arrive prior to the weekend to prevent temperature deviations.
August 31, July 13, May 4, February 6, 2015; November 10, 2014; September 22, 2014; July 30, 2014; May 19, 2014; March 24, 2014; January 14, 2014; November 6, 2013; September 23, 2013; September 18, 2013; July 18, 2013; May 24, 2014; March 25, 2013; January 30, 2013; November 28, 2012; September 25, 2012; August 30, 2012; August 21, 2012; July 12, 2012; June 20, 2012; May 15, 2012; March 5, 2012; January 4, 2012; December 1, 2011; October 20, 2011; September 29, 2011; August 31, 2011; July 28, 2011; June 29, 2011; June 1, 2011; Mat 20, 2011; May 2, 2011; April 18, 2011; March 30, 2011; March 22, 2011; March 1, 2010; November 17, 2009, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2014, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins