Products Affected - Description
Testosterone cypionate intramuscular injection, Sun Pharma
100 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 62756-0017-40)
200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 62756-0015-40)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 62756-0016-40)
Testosterone cypionate intramuscular injection, West-Ward
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00143-9726-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- Actavis discontinued testosterone cypionate injection in 2015.
- Paddock had testosterone on shortage due to increased demand and shipping delays from their contract manufacturer.
- West-Ward had testosterone cypionate on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Sandoz discontinued testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL 1 mL and 10 mL vials in September 2011. Sandoz discontinued final presentation in first half of 2012.
- Sun Pharma did not provide a reason for the shortage.
Depo-Testosterone intramuscular injection, Pfizer
100 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00009-0347-02)
200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00009-0417-01)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00009-0417-02)
Testosterone cypionate intramuscular injection, Paddock
200 mg/mL, 1 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00574-0820-01)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00574-0820-10)
200 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 1 count (NDC 00574-0827-10)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Sun Pharma cannot provide any availability information at this time.
- West-Ward has testosterone cypionate 200 mg/mL 10 mL vials on a weekly allocation.
May 25 and 18, April 11, February 1, 2016; December 9, September 25, August 20 and 5, July 9, June 25, May 27, 11 and 4, April 20 and 8, March 23, February 27, January 28, 2015; December 19 and 1, November 17, October 1, September 15, July 2, April 14, March 3, February 27, January 15, 2014; November 26, 11 and 1, September 11, August 8, 2013, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Vizient to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Vizient, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Vizient, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Vizient, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins