Products Affected - Description
Sodium acetate injection, American Regent
2 mEq/mL, 20 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00517-2096-25)
4 mEq/mL, 50 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00517-5023-25)
Sodium acetate injection, Fresenius Kabi
4 mEq/mL, 100 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 63323-0032-61)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent has sodium acetate injection on back order due to manufacturing delays.
- Fresenius Kabi has sodium acetate injection on shortage. The company has not provided a reason.
- Hospira had sodium acetate injection on back order due to increased demand.
Sodium acetate injection, Hospira
2 mEq/mL, 20 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00409-7299-73)
2 mEq/mL, 50 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00409-3299-05)
2 mEq/mL, 100 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00409-3299-06)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has sodium acetate 2 mEq/mL 20 mL vials and 4 mEq/mL 50 mL vials on long-term back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Fresenius Kabi has sodium acetate 4 mEq/mL 100 mL vials on back order and the company estimates a release date of late-August 2016.
- Hospira has sodium acetate 2 mEq/mL 50 mL vials available in limited supply.
August 15 and 13, June 2, April 25, March 21 and 2, February 10, 8 and 4, 2016; December 30, 2015, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Vizient to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Vizient, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Vizient, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Vizient, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins