Products Affected - Description
Atropine intravenous injection, Hospira
0.05 mg/mL, 5 mL Ansyr syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-9630-05)
0.1 mg/mL, 10 mL Ansyr syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-1630-10)
0.1 mg/mL, 5 mL Lifeshield syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-4910-34)
0.1 mg/mL, 10 mL Lifeshield 21 gauge syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-4911-34)
Atropine intravenous injection, Amphastar
0.1 mg/mL, 10 mL Luer-Jet syringes, 10 count (NDC 76329-3339-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent states the shortage was due to manufacturing delays.
- Hospira states the shortage is due to manufacturing delays.
- Amphastar has atropine on shortage due to increased demand.
Atropine intravenous injection, American Regent
0.4 mg/mL, 1 mL single-dose vial, 25 count (NDC 00517-0401-25)
1 mg/mL, 1 mL single-dose vial, 25 count (NDC 00517-1010-25)
Atropine intravenous injection, West-Ward
0.4 mg/mL, 20 mL multi-dose vial, 10 count (NDC 00641-6006-10)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Hospira has atropine 0.05 mg/mL 5 mL Ansyr syringes and 0.1 mg/mL 10 mL Ansyr syringes on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date. The 0.1 mg/mL 10 mL Lifeshield 21 gauge syringes are on back order and the company estimates a release date of mid-June 2015. The 0.1 mg/mL 5 mL Lifeshield syringes are on back order and the company estimates a release date of August 2015.
- Amphastar has atropine 0.1 mg/mL 10 mL Luer-Jet syringes on intermittent back order and the company is releasing product regularly.
June 9, May 5, February 16, January 9, 2015; December 2, November 19, October 21, October 15, September 3, August 28, July 21, June 16, April 22, February 11, 2014; December 9, November 20, November 5, October 7, September 16, August 30, July 11, June 19, June 4, May 14, April 22, April 10, March 14, January 22, January 2, 2013; November 8, September 14, June 29, June 21, May 24, May 2, April 10, March 29, March 23, February 10, January 27, 2012; December 20, December 16, November 10, October 20, September 14, August 19, August 2, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins