Products Affected - Description
Azithromycin injection, Fresenius Kabi
500 mg vial, package of 10 (NDC 63323-0398-10)
Azithromycin injection, Hospira
500 mg ADD-vantage vial, package of 10 (NDC 00409-0144-11)
Azithromycin injection, Sagent
500 mg vial, package of 10 (NDC 25021-0112-10)
Reason for the Shortage
- Fresenius Kabi has azithromycin on shortage due to increased demand.
- Hospira has azithromycin injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Sagent had azithromycin injection on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Pfizer had Zithromax injection on shortage due to increased demand.
Azithromycin injection, Apotex
500 mg vial, package of 10 (NDC 60505-6076-04)
Zithromax injection, Pfizer
500 mg vial, package of 10 (NDC 00069-3150-83)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Fresenius Kabi has azithromycin injection on intermittent back order and the company is shipping product as it becomes available.
- Hospira has azithromycin injection on back order and the company estimates a release date in late-May 2015.
- Sagent has azithromycin injection on back order and the company estimates a release date of July 2015.
May 20, April 3, 10 and 30, March 5 and 10, February 6 and 19, January 5 and 9, 2015; December 12 and 22, November 4 and 17, October 8, September 3 and 15, August 4, July 9 and 18, June 11 and 23, May 7, 12, and 21, April 8, 14 and 24, March 6, 11 and 24, February 13, January 15, 2014; December 19 and 27, October 24, September 23, August 13, July 2 and 29, June 4 and 24, May 3 and 24, April 3 and 17, March 11 and 29, February 6, January 2, 9, 10, 23, and 29, 2013; University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins