Products Affected - Description
Calcium Chloride Injection, American Regent
100 mg/mL, 10 mL vial, 25 count (NDC 00517-2710-25)
Calcium Chloride Injection, Hospira
100 mg/mL, 10 mL Ansyr syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-1631-10)
100 mg/mL, 10 mL LifeShield syringe, 10 count (NDC 00409-4928-34)
Calcium Chloride Injection, Mylan Institutional
100 mg/mL, 10 mL prefilled Luer-lock syringe, single count (NDC 53150-0697-01)
Reason for the Shortage
- American Regent has calcium chloride on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Amphastar had calcium chloride on shortage due to increased demand.
- Hospira has calcium chloride on shortage due to manufacturing delays.
- Mylan Institutional cannot provide a reason for the shortage.
Calcium Chloride Injection, Amphastar
10 mL Luer-Jet syringes, 10 count (NDC 76329-3304-01)
Estimated Resupply Dates
- American Regent has calcium chloride 100 mg/mL 10 mL vials on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Hospira has calcium chloride 100 mg/mL 10 mL Ansyr syringes on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date. The 100 mg/mL 10 mL LifeShield syringes are on intermittent back order and the company is releasing product as it becomes available.
- Mylan Institutional has calcium chloride 100 mg/mL 10 mL syringes on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
April 16, February 4, 9, and 27, January 16, 2015; December 18, November 4 and 21, October 23, September 3 and 11, August 7, May 8, February 26, January 13, 2014; November 15, September 18, 23, and 27, August 8 and 26, July 16, June 10, May 3 and 24, May 3, April 9 and 23, March 25, February 8 and 26, January 14 and 23, 2013; December 12 and 31, November 6, September 25 and 27, August 1 and 16, July 3 and 25, June 27, May 10 and 22, April 19, March 5, February 22, January 27, 2012; December 13, November 29, October 4, 26, and 31, September 13 and 28, August 2, July 5 and 22, June 1, May 2, April 29, 2011, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2015, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins