Products Affected - Description
Aquasol E Drops, Hospira
15 IU/0.3 mL, 12 mL bottle (NDC 61703-0419-77)
15 IU/0.3 mL, 30 mL bottle (NDC 61703-0419-78)
Aqueous Vitamin E oral drops, Silarx
15 IU/0.3 mL, 30 mL bottle, 1 count (NDC 54838-0005-30)
Vitamin E oral drops, Geritrex
15 IU/0.3 mL, 12 mL bottle, 1 count (UPC 92771-072512)
Reason for the Shortage
- Hospira is changing manufacturing sites from a 3rd party manufacturer to in-house manufacturing. This has caused a delay in production.
- Geritrex could not provide a reason for the vitamin E drops shortage.
- Silarx could not provide a reason for the vitamin E drops shortage.
No presentations are available.
Estimated Resupply Dates
- Hospira has both Aquasol E Drop products on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Geritrex has vitamin E drops on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
- Silarx has vitamin E drops on back order and the company cannot estimate a release date.
April 26, February 29, January 13, 2016; October 19, August 11, June 8, April 13, March 25 and 4, 2015; December 12, September 8, May 29, March 3, 2014; December 9, September 30 and 13, July 10, May 8, March 6, January 23, 2013; December 19, November 2, 2012, University of Utah, Drug Information Service. Copyright 2016, Drug Information Service, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT.
This information is provided through the support of Novation to ASHP solely as a service to its members, which shall not use this information for their further commercial use. The content was prepared by the Drug Information Center of University of Utah. Novation, ASHP, and the University of Utah make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose, which respect to such information, and specifically disclaim all such warranties. Users of this information are advised that decisions regarding the use of drugs and drug therapies are complex medical decisions and that in using this information, each user must exercise his or her own independent professional judgment. Neither Novation, ASHP nor the University of Utah assumes any liability for persons administering or receiving drugs or other medical care in reliance upon this information, or otherwise in connection with this bulletin. Neither Novation, ASHP nor University of Utah endorses or recommends the use of any drug.
« Back to Drug Shortage Product Bulletins