Register for the ASHP Live Course held June 1-2, 2013 at the Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis MN
Advance your practice and earn your Ambulatory Care Certification. ASHP and APhA now offer pharmacists a way to better prepare for the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS) Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Specialty Certification Examination.
This course provides a robust preparatory curriculum for the pharmacy professional planning to take the examination, or those seeking recertification or a refresh in therapeutics. Designed based on the domains, tasks, and knowledge statements developed by BPS for the examination, the course will help you prepare for the exam by identifying areas needed for in-depth review of ambulatory care issues by:
- Reviewing pertinent clinical topics and practice skills
- Providing exam practice questions
- Listing valuable resources for further self-study
What makes the ASHP/APhA review and recertification course unique?
Developed by the leading continuing education provider in the country, and the leading preparatory content experts and faculty, this course is different than your average review course. Our complex case-based, interactive approach goes against the didactic learning norm, and engages the attendee in a way that is sure to have a meaningful and lasting impact on their practice.
Review course participants follow “patients” in real life scenarios from initial presentation, medical history, risk factors, and complications throughout their treatments and outcomes. Participants learn as they apply various treatment options based on national standards and guidelines.
Prepare for the BPS Ambulatory Care Specialty Certification Examination with this cutting-edge educational program! Highlights of the ASHP/APhA review course include:
- Interesting, application based review course approach using complex, case-based interactive learning for high level practitioners and specialists
- Content presented by nationally recognized pharmacy faculty
- Includes practice management not covered in other review courses, which accounts for 20% of the BPS exam
- Every topic area contains public health and patient advocacy information
- Participants are given a workbook containing 100+ practice questions with explained answers and links to original references
- Complete coverage needed to confidently prepare for the exam in only 2 days! Saving you time away from work and home, and drastically reducing travel expenses
- Developed by leading continuing education provider in the country and leading preparatory content experts and faculty
- Patient case based format discussing multiple medical issues include:
- Diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity, sexual dysfunction, and smoking cessation
- COPD, upper respiratory tract infection, BPH, anemia, and GERD.
- Heart failure, electrolyte abnormalities, peripheral arterial disease, coronary artery disease, and gout.
- Lice, asthma, ADHD, skin infection, and poisoning.
- Contraception, emergency contraception, urinary tract infection, vulvovaginitis, sleep disorder, and pregnancy.
- Chronic pain, constipation, chronic kidney disease, peptic ulcer, and sinusitis.
- Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, dementia, glaucoma, incontinence, and thyroid disorder.
- Atrial fibrillation, DVT, allergic rhinitis, anticoagulation, stroke prevention, and a history of alcohol dependency.
- Research Design, Evidence‐Based Medicine and Statistical Analysis
- Practice Management including medical home model, accountable care organizations, expanded practice roles for pharmacists, medication therapy management, and practice guidelines
- Patient advocacy and public health issues
The ASHP/APhA Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Specialty Examination Review Course is also available for recertification credit and is ideal for BCACPs who would like a refresher of relevant therapeutic and practice issues in ambulatory care practice. The course content provides a comprehensive review of the knowledge domains covered in the ambulatory care specialty.
This is perfect for the specialist looking for a refreshing and interactive way to learn and stay current. Earn up to 16 CPE credits for attending. To be eligible for recertification credit, BCACPs must attend the entire live program and successfully complete the online assessment by the deadline. Only completed tests will be eligible for credit; no partial or incomplete tests will be processed.
Note: The APhA/ASHP Ambulatory Care Pharmacy Examinations Preparatory Review Course may be completed for recertification credit, either in live or home study format, up to two times, in nonconsecutive years, during the 7-year certification cycle.
- June 1-2, 2013 prior to the ASHP Summer Meeting in Minneapolis, MN.
Earn up to 16 CPE credits for attending this course. To be eligible for recertification credit, BCACPs must attend the entire live program and successfully complete the online assessment by the deadline. Only completed tests will be eligible for credit; no partial or incomplete tests will be processed.
- Developed from the live offering held at APhA 2013 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, CA on February 28-March 1, 2013. Available Now
To help you prepare for the examination, the online course is offered as individual lectures or as a package with all lectures for you to customize your learning. Earn up to 16 CPE credits through this online course for review.
To use the online course for recertification, you will need to participate in all lectures and successfully complete the online assessment. Only completed tests will be eligible for credit; no partial or incomplete tests will be processed. The online assessment for recertification will be available May 1, 2013. Earn 16 CPE credits and 16 recertification credits through this course after successful completion of the online assessment.
Online course participants will receive handout instructional materials used during the live course.
Offered by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American Pharmacists Association. Planned by the ASHP Sections of Clinical Specialists and Scientists and Ambulatory Care Practitioners.
The APhA/ASHP professional development program for recertification of Board Certified Ambulatory Care Pharmacists (BCACP) approved by the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BPS).