When you join ASHP, you join a professional Society with a community of over 42,000 individuals dedicated to improving medication use and enhancing patient safety. ASHP’s Sections and Forums membership communities ultimately transform your practice interests into meaningful action, resources, and tools to meet and exceed your professional practice needs.
Practice Tools and Resources
- American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy (AJHP): The most widely recognized and respected clinical pharmacy journal in the world is delivered to you in print format and online 24 times a year.
- ASHP Daily Briefing: A customized daily e-mail briefing on medical issues and health care topics produced exclusively for ASHP keeps you in touch with current events.
- ASHP Sections and Forums: Membership communities offering niche networks and programs relevant to your specific practice and professional needs.
- Career Tools: ASHP’s CareerPharm offers professional such as Career Coaching, Professional Resume Writing, Career Tips, and Job Searching and Interviewing.
- Continuing Education: eLearning is your resource for 24/7 pharmacy education with certification and recertification BPS prep, webinars, and traineeships.
- Drug Shortages: The first stop for information and resources on drug product shortages and management.
- Meetings & Conferences: Midyear Clinical Meeting, Summer Meeting, National Pharmacy Preceptors Conference, and Conference for Leaders in Health-System Pharmacy registrations are offered at a significant discount.
- InterSections Member Magazine: A dynamic, digital magazine that highlights the many programs and resources that the Society offers and features stories about ASHP members in their everyday work as they improve patient care and overcome practice challenges.
- NewsLinks: Exclusive weekly e-newsletter with the latest news and issues effecting health-system pharmacy.
- Policy Positions & Guidelines: Official professional policies for the continuum of pharmacy practice settings in integrated systems.
- Resource Centers: Specialized pharmacy practice information covering 15 unique areas.
- Advocacy: As a pharmacist and a constituent, you have tremendous influence with your members of Congress. Your involvement is critical as ASHP works to ensure that patients have access to your medication expertise. Here are ways that you can give your members of Congress a real world perspective on how legislation will affect your patients, your practice site, and your community:
- Attend a town hall
- Invite them on a tour of your practice site
- Send an e-mail to your representative and senators and ask to meet.
- Visit their Washington D.C. or district office
- Volunteer on a campaign
- ASHP Connect: Online discussion forum with member directory instantly reaches an extensive network of colleagues to gather opinions about critical practice issues, find a mentor or mentee, and share your ideas and expertise with others.
Learn more about our various membership categories to find the ASHP membership that best meets your needs. View Rates