Main focus on Medication supply chain management, preparation (Robotics), verification, fulfillment & distribution, Medication administration (BCMA/Smart Pumps), delivery, and documentation.
Director, Pharmacy Support and Infusion Services
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Salt Lake City, UT
Pharmacy Operations Manager
St. Joseph's Hospital - HealthEast Care System
St. Paul, MN
- Work with the Formulary Interoperability Project Team on a white paper related to specifications and requirements to ensure inter-operability and standardization for communication of data across databases, technology and information systems.
- Develop a pharmacy self-assessment for safety related to distribution utilizing technology which includes robots, carousels, packagers, tracking systems, and IV workflow systems.
- Develop a training guideline to ensure competency for pharmacy technicians related to technology to include understanding databases, concepts of FMEA/RCA, med safety, optimization, testing
- Develop white paper on current state of IV workflow systems and IV preparation robotics.
- Review & update Smart Pump lessons learned and best practice content
- Continue to work on the synchronization of medication formularies to better manage information with multiple systems and hospitals.
- Continue to work with the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) to develop resources on smart pump technology.
- Creating web resources on robotics and smart pump technology for the Section’s Practice Resources
- Developing standard definitions for HIT terminology
- Developing policy and procedure templates for pharmacy automation and technology