Practitioners in Small and/or Rural Institutions
Back by popular demand, a full-day of programming is dedicated to those practicing in a small and/or rural institution. We kickoff with special remarks from Paul David Moore, DPh, President of the National Rural Health Association. A full-day of education follows, covering topics such as HRSA’s Patient Safety and Pharmacy Services Collaborative, implementing barcoding with intelligent infusion devices, caring for pediatric patients in small/rural institutions, and using the Institute of Healthcare Improvement’s 5 Million Lives initiatives to improve insulin use. Don’t miss out on ways you can improve care in your institution, regardless of size or resources.
CE Power Hour
So many sessions and not enough time? Caught up in the Exhibits, Residency Showcase, CareerPharm’s PPS, or just busy networking? This year several one hour CE sessions are being offered from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The content of these one-hour sessions is designed for our busiest attendees, because what would a Midyear be without CE?
- Update on Treatment of Sickle Cell Anemia: What a Pharmacist Needs to Know
- Health-Care Associated Infections: Developing Appropriate Empiric Therapy
- The Great Debate! Pros and Cons of Erythropoietin Use
- Contemporary Literature Review in Emergency Medicine
- Use of Non-Biologic and Biologic Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs in Rheumatoid Arthritis
We’re Looking for Volunteer Resident Poster Mentors!
Here’s your chance to get involved in the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. We’re piloting a new program to provide feedback to residents presenting posters at the meeting. Residents have told us that they are seeking this type of input on their research projects.
What do you have to do?
We have a simple set of criteria for you to use to provide oral feedback to each resident about the project and presentation. This interaction with practitioners will be extremely valuable to residents as they work through their projects.
Resident posters will be presented on Wednesday, December 10 from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Although we cannot honor requests for specific topics or residency programs, we can promise you enthusiastic residents.
What’s in it for you?
A special ribbon to wear with your meeting badge onsite, the heartfelt gratitude of the residents, and an opportunity to make a real difference for some of the health-system pharmacy profession’s newest members.
On The Pulse: A Cardiovascular Therapeutics Series
Series programming is a learning format made popular at the ASHP Summer Meeting and offers the right level of detail by focusing on key aspects of a topic.
So come experience an exciting new format addition for the Midyear Clinical Meeting! Designed by expert specialists, Lynette Moser, Tien Ng, and James Tisdale, choose one or more stand-alone sessions in this high-level series and be on the cutting edge of cardiovascular care.
- State of the Art Treatment of Hypertension: New Guidelines and Management Strategies
- Controversies in Dyslipidemia
- Making Sense of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy in Coronary Artery Disease
- Keeping a Finger on the Pulse of Atrial Fibrillation
- First, Do No Harm: Drugs that Cause Cardiovascular Disease
Thought Leaders: Pharmacy Directors and Chief Pharmacy Officers
Want a glimpse of our future? Or an in-depth look at what’s happening right now? Refresh your vision and strengthen your resolve to lead well in any of these sessions.
- Advancing Pharmacy Practice in Hospitals around the Globe (A report on the outcome of the 2008 Global Conference on the Future of Pharmacy.)
- Donald E. Franke Medal Lecture: Going Global (Followed by the International Reception)
- The Best in Leadership Practice Lecture
- Improving the Quality and Value of Community/Outpatient Pharmacy Services: Impact of Pay-for-Performance, The Pharmacy Quality Alliance, and Boards of Pharmacy
- Achieving the Vision: Results from the 2008 National Survey on ASHP’s 2015 Initiative
- Guess Who Is Coming to Work in the Pharmacy: Understanding Diversity in the Workplace
ASHP and ASHP Foundation Offer Flu Vaccinations at Midyear
Protect your patients by getting your flu shot now!
It is reported that 60% of health professionals do not get flu shots. Don't get caught without a shot! The ASHP Foundation and ASHP have joined forces to offer free flu shots to attendees at the 2008 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. Visit the ASHP Foundation-ASHP Flu Shot Center in the Orange County Convention Center to get your free flu shot. More information about this vaccination program can be found on the ASHP Foundation web site. Thanks to CSL Biotherapies and VaxAmerica, which donated the vaccines and vaccination services.