For Prospective Residents
- Your registration to the MCM allows you to participate in the showcase (no additional fees are necessary).
- Do your homework. It’s important to outline which sites you want to visit during the showcase. Please find out which date and time the sites that you plan to visit will be at the showcase. Take a look at the diagram of the showcase and know where you’re going to be visiting.
- Sites that only have one program will have smaller booths. Sites that have multiple programs may be displaying at larger booths.
- Programs are listed by site, not by specific type of residency program offered.
- Sites participating ONLY exhibit during ONE time slot. They DO NOT exhibit during ALL sessions. Use the following key to make sure that the sites that you want to see are displaying during certain sessions:
|4000 Series #s
||Monday, December 8, 1-4pm|
|5000 Series #s
||Tuesday AM, December 9, 8-11am|
|6000 Series #s
||Tuesday PM, December 9, 1-4pm|
- Make sure and look at the News and Views at the MCM during showcase days to see if any more programs have been added or any have changed their timeslot.
- If you don’t get a chance to talk to the program as much as you’d like, see if any of the program representatives are available to meet at another time during the meeting.
- Some programs are also involved in the Personal Placement Services (PPS). This allows time for one on one interviews, but requires an additional fee to participate in this process. http://pps.ashp.org
- Be respectful of each program's time. Have your questions prepared before you visit the programs at the showcase. If you are a student who will not be completing a residency in the next year, please be respectful of both the programs and other candidates, who are looking for a match during the upcoming year.
Good luck to all prospective residents and residency programs for the 2009-2010 residency year!