ASHP Student Leadership Award
The ASHP Student Leadership Award Program recognizes students with an interest in pharmacy practice in health-systems who have demonstrated leadership ability. This program recognizes and celebrates the contributions of students who represent the very best attributes and accomplishments of ASHP student members. ASHP offers up to twelve awards annually. Pharmacy students in the second through fourth professional years are eligible to apply. The award consists of:
- An award plaque,
- An ASHP drug information reference library, and
- A $2000 cash award provided by the ASHP Research and Education Foundation.
Please follow the steps below to apply for the 2015-16 Student Leadership Award. To be accepted, all application materials must be received by ASHP no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 30.
To apply for the Student Leadership Award, please follow the appropriate application link below:
To be considered for the SLA, using the appropriate applicant link, you will be expected to submit the following:
- A completed Professional Activities questionnaire.
- An essay of no more than 750 words conveying your thoughts on how, as a student leader, you would increase awareness and understanding of the Practice Advancement Initiative (formerly the Pharmacy Practice Model Initiative)among student colleagues.
- Three letters of recommendations: one from a faculty member, one from a pharmacist practitioner, and one from a student peer.
- Three corresponding Recommendation Forms signed by each recommender.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A completed Certification and Acceptance signature page.
If you have any questions, please contact ASHP Pharmacy Student Forum: at email@example.com.
2015-2016 Award Recipients for Student Leadership Award
Class of 2016
Northeastern Ohio Medical University College of Pharmacy
Palm Beach Atlantic University Lloyd L. Gregory School of Pharmacy
University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy
University of Cincinnati James L. Winkle College of Pharmacy
The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy
Class of 2017
University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy-Chapel Hill Campus
Pacific University School of Pharmacy
University of Charleston School of Pharmacy
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy
Class of 2018
University of Florida College of Pharmacy-Gainesville Campus
Thomas Jefferson University Jefferson School of Pharmacy
Past Student Leadership Award Winners