The award, which is conferred at the discretion of the ASHP CEO, may be presented at the ASHP Summer Meetings, ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting, or other appropriate function. There is no limit to the number of awards that may be conferred each year.
- U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Pharmacists - Volunteers of the Temporary Pharmacy Clinic at the NRG Center
- Pharmacists Supporting the Office of the Health and Human Services Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response - Florida Hospital Orlando
- Department of Veterans Affairs Emergency Pharmacy Service - Lee Health
- Harris Health System Department of Pharmacy - Memorial Healthcare System, Pharmacy Services
- HCA Healthcare - Putnam Community Medical Center
- Houston Methodist - Alexander Lucas, Pharm.D.
- Memorial Hermann Health System - Mohamed Jalloh, Pharm.D.
- Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists - Nicole M. Quiles Alves, Pharm.D., M.P.H., RPh
- Operation Naloxone
Pharmacists, student pharmacist, and pharmacy technicians were recognized at the 2018 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting for their heroic efforts and inspiring, unselfish service during Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, and the 2017 California wildfires.
Criteria and Eligibility
ASHP members, staff members, and others are invited, throughout the year, to suggest nominees in writing with substantiating evidence. The award is intended to recognize an individual or group of individuals for specific incidents of inspiring, unselfish service under adverse conditions. Nominations should state:
- How the nominee went beyond the call of duty to serve patients or assist pharmacists in serving patients, and
- Why the incident is of national or international significance.
Nominees may be pharmacists or non-pharmacists, regardless of practice area or ASHP membership status. Current ASHP Board members and ASHP staff are not eligible.
Nominations for the Courageous Service Award are currently being accepted and are to be transmitted electronically using the Award Nominations Form.
If you have any questions about the Awards Program, please contact the Office of Member Relations at email@example.com.