The award consists of:
- An award plaque,
- A $2000 cash award provided by the ASHP Research and Education Foundation.
- Applicants must be a full-time pharmacy student enrolled in a professional Doctor of Pharmacy program at an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy.
- Applicants must be an ASHP member in good standing.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of a least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent grading system).
- Applicants must have completed at least one academic year in their professional pharmacy program.
- Students who have received an ASHP Student Leadership Award in the past or who are currently serving on an ASHP Council, the Commission on Affiliate Relations or the Pharmacy Student Forum Executive Committee are not eligible to apply.
Please follow the steps below to apply for ASHP Student Leadership Award. To be accepted, all application materials must be received by ASHP no later than 11:59 pm ET on January 15
To apply for the Student Leadership Award, please follow the appropriate application link below:
To be considered for the SLA, you will be expected to submit the following:
- A completed Professional Activities questionnaire.
- An essay of no more than 750 words conveying your thoughts on how, as a student leader, you would increase awareness and understanding of the emerging roles, care delivery models, and practice settings for pharmacists in the year 2030 among student colleagues. This should include a discussion of why the Practice Advancement Initiative is important for students and specific types of activities or programs that you believe would be most effective.
- Three letters of recommendations: one from a faculty member, one from a pharmacist practitioner, and one from a student peer.
- Three corresponding Recommendation Forms signed by each person writing the recommendation letter.
- A resume or curriculum vitae.
- A completed Certification and Acceptance signature page.
If you have any questions, please contact ASHP Pharmacy Student Forum at email@example.com.