ASHP’s Drug Shortages database is the most widely recognized leading source of evidence-based drug shortage information for clinicians, consumers, and health policy leaders and is now available for license.
Deployed on a state-of-the-art cloud-based platform, the new Drug Shortages API will rapidly deliver actionable clinical information as a critical component of medication management and safe and effective patient care and is easily integrated into existing:
- Medication management systems
- Supply chain optimization solutions
- EHR—electronic health records
- Referential drug information resources
ASHP’s Drug Shortages API includes:
- Over 300 shortage bulletin on drugs, biologics, devices, and specific dose forms.
- Only source of drug shortage information that includes recommendations for alternative therapies
- Active monitoring and regular communication with manufacturers for ongoing shortages
- Updated daily
- Cloud-hosted API
- Available in lightweight JSON format for rapid implementation