Working knowledge of the specific content area is suggested. Information will be presented to expand current expertise.
Why Does ASHP Assign Levels?
- Ensure meeting attendees have the ability to evaluate and select educational sessions that best suit their level of expertise and specific educational needs
- Improve overall meeting satisfaction
A high-level program explores the topic from the perspective of a specialist in the area.
Suggestions for Advanced Programs
- Assume people know what you are talking about;
- Add new information to their current knowledge base;
- Avoid pathophysiology, background, and rationale;
- Include controversial or provocative issues to stimulate discussion;
- Offer interpretations rather than statement of facts;
- Provide new information or research that is evidence-based and data driven;
- Refer to specific studies or basic sciences;
- Out-do yourself… take a gamble on predicting a new trend or success.
If you have a non-pharmacist as a speaker (especially if they have not spoken at a meeting like ours) suggest to them to present as if they were presenting to physicians or C-suite level hospital administrators.