New Practitioners Forum Colleagues,
Spring is upon us! For many new practitioners, this means that most of the residency year is now complete; however, there is still much to look forward to, including regional residency conferences. These conferences provide an opportunity for pharmacy residents to formally present their research projects, network, and generate discussion on professional practice issues with peers. A list of regional residency conferences is highlighted below. If you happen to be attending, please be on the lookout for peer representatives from the ASHP New Practitioners Forum (NPF), who will be on-site to raffle prizes and share ASHP materials available for conference attendees!
- Eastern States - Deirdre Yarosh, Amanda Gerberich
- Florida Regional – Katelyn Shatz
- Great Lakes - James Blackmer, Stephanie Sollis Bethay, Angela Goodhart, Jessica Jones
- Midwest - David Quach, Delaram Bahmandar, Rachel Bubik, Chenshan Zhou
- Mountain States - Anthony Trovato, Lindsay Case
- New York State Council of Health-System Pharmacists - Wesley Kufel, Jenna Fancher
- Ohio Regional - Elizabeth Berryman
- Research in Education and Practice Symposium - Kalynn Rohde, Allie Fay, Stephanie Jean
- Southeast - Melissa Laub, Karly Low
- Southwest Leadership (Alcalde) - Megan McGugan, Thomas Szymanski, Andrea White
- Western – ASHP Staff Representative
In addition to regional residency conferences, the deadline for submitting interest to the ASHP Sections and Forums Advisory Groups is also just around the corner. ASHP NPF Advisory Group interest surveys for the 2018-2019 term are due May 1, 2018, and ASHP Section Advisory Group interest surveys are due April 1, 2018. Serving on an advisory group is a great way to become involved with ASHP and can certainly contribute to your professional growth and experiences. NPF Advisory Group opportunities are listed below.
NFP Advisory Groups
- Career Development Advisory Group
- Membership and Outreach Advisory Group
- Resident Advancement Advisory Group
- Practice Advancement and Advocacy Advisory Group
- Professional Practice Advisory Group
For additional information regarding how to submit an interest survey or to learn more about the various opportunities available to ASHP members, visit the Group and Committee Appointments section of the ASHP website. I encourage you to consider these opportunities for the 2018-2019 term!
Grayson Peek, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
Member, ASHP New Practitioner Forum Executive Committee