Hi New Practitioners,
As you are braving the winter weather and in the midst of Residency recruitment, you might be like me and thinking about preparing for what’s next. For me, I am expanding my role within our residency program as a primary preceptor and coordinator. I am also trying to figure out how to balance all that I have on my plate in my personal and professional life. I am looking to ASHP for resources to help me grow but like you, I don’t always have the time I need to read through or find materials to support me. So this winter, I am turning to ASHP webinars – many of which were developed by our own NPF Advisory Group members!
Here are a few webinars I have on my list:
- Enhancing Self-Assessment: Guidance for Pharmacy Practitioners
- How do we continually develop without focus and attention self-assessment? This webinar specifically provides resources for residents and new practitioners to help in honing this skill.
- The Right Fit During The Residency Interview
- This one is extremely timely as we frequently talk about the right fit – but how do you accurately assess that?
- Residency Leadership and Preceptor Development: From the Practice Field to the Bedside and Beyond!
- As I expand my role in our residency program at OhioHealth, I am interested in learning about how we can better prepare our own residents and preceptors and continually elevate our practice. All practitioners are leaders and if we incorporate these skills into our program, our residents will be ready to be preceptors and leaders when called upon.
- You’ve got a friend in me – Developing Interprofessional Relationships to Foster the Creation of Resilience in Clinical Learning
- I want to learn about how to focus attention to my wellness, while making sure that I am helping my IPPE/APPE students and residents call attention to the importance of resiliency early in their career. If you are looking for more – check out this webinar on Mindfulness and Meditation.
- Student Debt Management 101
- No matter where you are at in your journey as a New Practitioner, you are likely dealing with some sort of educational debt. Learn about your options for deferment, federal programs, and refinancing.
All of these webinars are more can be found on the ASHP eLearning Home (along with over 160 webinar options).
So fellow new practitioner, how are you feeling this winter? What webinar resources are you looking for to support you? Send us your ideas at email@example.com so our advisory groups can work to better support YOU.
Kellie L.E. Musch, PharmD, MS
New Practitioners Forum Executive Committee, Member