Greetings New Practitioners,
As we complete yet another extremely successful New Practitioners Forum (NPF) term, I would like to take a moment to summarize some of the substantial contributions from this year’s NPF Advisory Groups:
- Career Development : a reference to highlight postgraduate credential/certificate opportunities (coming soon!) and development of a BCPPS 4-month study guide to help those preparing for the BPS Pediatric Pharmacy Exam.
- Membership & Outreach: assisted with revisions to the ASHP Connect Mentor Match program and highlighting clinical development and career advancement resources on the ASHP Connect New Practitioners Forum Community.
- Practice Advancement & Advocacy: contributed to the recruitment and development of PAI case studies and PAI practice spotlights , as well as, developed elevator speeches for consideration when new practitioners are advocating for professional practice issues (coming soon!).
- Professional Practice: presented clinical pearls to student attendees at the 2017 ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and identified best practice posters to highlight on the ASHP website.
- Residency Advancement: collaborated with ASHP Commission on Credentialing members to provide education on how to handle a failing student and refined the Regional Residency Conference outreach program (and maybe you saw the NPF AG volunteers at a recent conference).
In this next week, the ASHP House of Delegates will be reviewing policy recommendations at the ASHP Summer Meetings. I would encourage you to take a moment to review these policy recommendations (starting on page 46), and if you have any feedback, do not hesitate to engage in discussion in the ASHP House of Delegates Connect community or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of our current NPF Executive Committee, we would like to sincerely thank everyone from our advisory group members, work group leads, and advisory group chairs, to the ASHP board liaisons and staff, and most importantly, to our new practitioner members, for all of the efforts, contributions, teamwork, and leadership during this successful term.
Finally, I would like to welcome our incoming NPF Executive Committee – Chair John Hill; Vice-Chair Tyler Vest; and members Kellie Musch, Ted Berei, and Valerie Nolt – as we look forward to another productive and successful year. The incoming Executive Committee members will begin their term at the ASHP Summer Meetings in Minneapolis, Minnesota in June 2017.
Calvin J. Ice, Pharm.D., BCPS, BCCCP
Chair, New Practitioner Forum Executive Committee