Each year, ASHP hosts pharmacy residents and residency preceptors in ASHP-accredited programs to visit our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland. ASHP has created a series of webinar presentations, modeled after the live resident visits, for residents who are unable to attend the live sessions. At the end of the virtual program, viewers will be able to:
- Define the role that ASHP can play in their professional life, both on a daily basis and over the span of their career.
- Explain ASHP's involvement in selected current pharmacy issues.
- Identify one or more ways that they would like to be actively involved in ASHP activities.
- Explain the relationship between their professional goals and ASHP member benefits.
First, watch the following presentations to build your understanding of ASHP and opportunities that are available to you now (in your residency) and beyond.
- What is ASHP (34 minutes)
- ASHP's Navigating Being a New Practitioner (40 minutes)
- ASHP Research and Education Foundation (13 minutes)
- Practice Advancement Initiative (22 minutes)
- Advocating for Your Profession (75 minutes)
- Career Transitions and Volunteer Opportunities (26 minutes)
Next, engage in a hot topics debate with your colleagues using the following AJHP editorials to frame the discussion on current pharmacy practice issues:
- Topic 1: A professional imperative: Developing pharmacy residents as the next generation of practice-based researchers
- Topic 2: Adverse impact of pharmacy resident stress during training
- Topic 3: Medical aid in dying
- Topic 4: Opposing pharmacists’ participation in capital punishment: The right thing to do
- Topic 5: Pharmacists' role in provision of transgender healthcare
- Topic 6: Predicting drug price increases: How much this year?
- Topic 7: Preventing diversion of controlled substances: Translating national guidelines into practice
- Topic 8: Support for “second victims”
- Topic 9: The ongoing threat of riding drug prices: ASHP's work goes on
- Topic 10: The time has come: Increased prescribing authority for pharmacists