The resources included have been developed and shared by members of the ASHP New Practitioners Forum. We hope you will find items of interest that will assist you in your professional practice.
2018 Clinical Pearls
- Diuresis for Days_All You Need to Know About “The Water Pills” [VIDEO 13:27]
- Getting Out of the Red_Anticoagulation Reversal [VIDEO 7:22]
- How to Care for Tiny Humans 101 [VIDEO 11:08]
- Protein, Carbs, and Fat, oh my! Total Parenteral Nutrition Overview [VIDEO 10:06]
2017 Clinical Pearls
- Impact of a Regional Interprofessional Clinical Reasoning Competition on Health Profession Student Team Interactions [VIDEO 8:06]
- Pancreatic Enzyme Protocol Clearing Occluded Feeding Tubes A Retrospective Study [VIDEO 7:40]
- Cost Savings Associated with Utilization of Donated Medication Program in the Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy Setting [VIDEO 11:47]
- Effects of a Pharmacist’s Participation in a Transitions of Care Program on 30-day Readmission Rates [VIDEO 19:27]
- Implementation of a Pharmacist-Led Prior Authorization Service in the Ambulatory Care Setting [VIDEO 19:47]
- Evaluation of a Hospital Re-admission in Smokers and Nonsmokers via Humdica Data [VIDEO 8:23]
- The ABCs of PEDS [VIDEO 15:57]
2016 Clinical Pearls
- ABCs of CKD [VIDEO 10:57]
- No Fibbing: Strategies for Pharmacists in the Management of Atrial Fibrillation [VIDEO 11:55]
- Chemo Man: Recognition and Management of Chemotherapy Toxicities [VIDEO 10:07]
- Dosing aminoglycosides: Selecting the best patients for the Hartford nomogram [VIDEO 08:27]
- HIT me with your best shot: Practical pearls for managing heparin-induced thrombocytopenia [VIDEO 14:45]
- Becoming a Preceptor [VIDEO 07:49]
- Networking in Pharmacy [VIDEO 42:16]
This resource was developed by the ASHP New Practitioners Forum Clinical Practice Advisory Group (formerly known as the Professional Practice Advisory Group), which is providing members the opportunity to share resources that might assist in professional endeavors. ASHP is not responsible for, and does not officially endorse this resource, and further expressly disclaims any and all liability for damages of any kind arising out of the use, reference to, or reliance upon any information contained in the resource. No guarantee is provided that the content is correct, accurate, complete, up-to-date, or owned by the individual who posted it. ASHP has not participated in the development of the content, and does not exert any editorial control over it.
All content consists solely of material supplied from contributors, and the opinions and statements expressed by contributors are solely those of the individual writers, and do not reflect the opinions of ASHP or its officers, directors, or employees. The names and contact information contained in this resource are published to facilitate communication, and such information shall not be used for commercial purposes. Reference to any specific commercial entity, product, service, or process does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, favoring, or disfavoring by ASHP or its officers, directors, or employees. The inclusion of any links to other sites does not imply a recommendation of such sites.
ASHP MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, CONTENT, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OR OWNERSHIP OF THE CONTENT, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, OR OTHER ITEMS CONTAINED IN THIS RESOURCE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL SUCH LIABILITY. ANY RELIANCE PLACED ON SUCH INFORMATION IS AT THE SOLE RISK OF THE USER. IN NO EVENT WILL ASHP BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE RESOURCE.