- Preventing Medication Errors
- Staying Safe in the Hospital
- Traveling Safely with Medicines
- Medication Safety for Children
- Medication Safety for Seniors
- Medication Safety for Emergencies
- Using Antibiotics Wisely
- Using Alternative Medicines Wisely
- Preventing Illness with Vaccines
- Drug Shortages - Problems caused by drug shortages have received much public attention in recent months and have caused significant disruptions in patient care. ASHP has a long history of leading efforts to help the health care community manage issues related to drug shortages, including establishing the Drug Shortages Resource Center and was a co-convener of a recent stakeholder’s summit [PDF] where participants offered recommendations to address this critical issue.
- Increased Patient Care Roles Pharmacists - Incorporating pharmacists as members of the health care team in direct patient care roles is a viable solution to help improve U.S. health care, according to the results of a comprehensive, systematic review of health care literature recently published in the journal Medical Care.
Aretha Hankinson, Director, Media Relations,