Engage. Empower. Elevate.
Officially launched in April 2018, the Pharmacy Technician Forum is the new membership home for pharmacy technicians, created to further elevate and advance the pharmacy technician workforce. The Forum serves as the central point for pharmacy technician engagement in ASHP, providing tools, education, and numerous other resources to help pharmacy technicians advance their practice.
The ASHP Pharmacy Technician Forum serves as the collective voice for pharmacy technicians by supporting their advancement, professionalization, and engagement within ASHP.
Pharmacy technicians are healthcare practitioners, integral to achieving optimal patient care outcomes.
2019 – 2020 Strategic Goals
GOAL 1: Improve patient care by enhancing the well-being and resilience of pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians
- Determine the baseline of burn out of pharmacy technicians.
- Study the factors attributing to pharmacy technician burn out.
- Develop education and resources to improve the well-being and resilience of pharmacy technicians.
GOAL 2: Advance the creation of a well-defined professional career path for pharmacy technicians by elevating their patient care roles, responsibilities, and vital contributions to enhancing the direct patient care efforts of pharmacists.
- Highlight advanced roles of pharmacy technicians.
- Promote career ladders for pharmacy technicians.
- Communicate the value of the pharmacy technician within the pharmacy and healthcare workforce.
GOAL 3: Advocate for laws, regulations, and standards that improve patient care.
- Support and advocate for standardized, accredited pharmacy technician education, training, PTCB certification, and registration or licensure for pharmacy technicians.
- Work with legislators, regulators, standards-setting groups and stakeholders to recognize the roles of pharmacy technicians as vital members of the patient care team at the state and federal level.
GOAL 4. Grow and retain an engaged and diverse pharmacy technician membership.
- Increase member recruitment and retention of pharmacy technicians by anticipating their needs in key practice and professional areas.
ASHP Pharmacy Technician Forum Newslinks Registration Form
By registering below you can make certain you receive the Technician Newslinks, and that you will be notified when new information and details regarding the Forum are announced.