*NEW* SAG on Health System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership (HSPAL) Residents
- Increase engagement within ASHP by providing a community for HSPAL residents as they transition into pharmacy practice.
- Develop and promote contributions to the growth of the pharmacy profession through research and quality improvement.
- Promote leadership and engagement opportunities for HSPAL residents within the Section and ASHP.
- Support the coordination of Section resources, networking, and programs to improve engagement among HSPAL residents and programs.
SAG on Business Development and System Integration
- Develop resources for creating, measuring, and marketing pharmacy services.
Develop resources to effectively manage economic and financial performance.
Develop resources for evolving reimbursement and payment systems.
Develop resources for successful vertical and horizontal health system integration (e.g. system-ness).
Develop resources to assist leaders in optimizing department structure & function to meet enterprise needs.
- Serve as a resource for ASHP advocacy efforts as it relates to pharmacy practice advancement in hospitals and health systems.
Brian Latham, Pharm.D.
Executive Director of Pharmacy
Bon Secours Mercy HealthLima, OH
Grayson Peek, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
SAG on Frontline Leaders
- Advise pharmacy leaders on how to start new strategic initiatives, lead effective change management, optimize staff empowerment, and leverage market place opportunities.
Develop resources for creating and advancing innovative pharmacy practice models.
Develop resources for advancements in pharmacy operations utilizing technology, new products, and new applications
- Develop resources for the training and development of the next generation of frontline pharmacy employees through mentorship and experiential learning.
Travis Dick, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS
Associate Director of Pharmacy, Clinical Services
Director, PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
University of Rochester Medical Center
Rachel Root, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
Abbott Northwestern Hospital
SAG on New and Emerging Leaders
- Advance the effectiveness of new pharmacy leaders through leadership development.
Generate ideas and resources on specific educational programming (e.g. Student Leadership Workshop & Student Pharmacy Forecast Workshop).
- Develop resources to advance the roles for new and emerging leaders.
Thomas Achey, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
Manager, Inpatient Pharmacy
Princeton Baptist Medical Center
John Hill, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS
Division Director, Central Pharmacy
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
SAG on Strategy and Industry Disrupters
- Advise on trends that will influence the future of pharmacy practice in hospitals and health systems.
Develop resources that help members address unique multiple-hospital leadership challenges.
Develop resources for contemporary topics including the industry forecast reports.
- Advise on advocacy, education, and health system leadership needs to successfully navigate the macro health care market issues impacting patient care in the United States.
Anthony Boyd, Pharm.D.
Pharmacy Manager, Oncology
Cleveland Heights, OH
Molly Wascher, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS
Clinical Programs Manager, Specialty Pharmacy
Johns Hopkins Home Care Group
SAG on Value, Quality, and Compliance
- Develop resources to assist members to excel in regulatory compliance and evolving best practices.
Advise and affect positive change on quality measures and other standards affecting the medication use process.
Develop resources that assists members to excel in evolving quality reporting initiatives.
Develop resources (educational content, tools) to assist members justify changes to standards affecting the medication use process.
- Develop resources that support members’ success in influencing and aligning with the organizations’ initiatives on defining and achieving value and quality goals.
David Hager, Pharm.D.
Director, Clinical Pharmacy Services
Jennifer Belavic, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS