These national standards will cover:
- Concentrations and dosing units for intravenous continuous medications for adult patients.
- Concentrations for compounded oral liquid medications.
- Concentrations and dosing units for intravenous continuous medications for pediatric patients.
- Doses for oral liquid medications.
- Concentrations for intravenous intermittent medications.
- Concentrations for PCA and epidural medications.
About S4SThe Food and Drug Administration (FDA), through its Safe Use Initiative, has awarded ASHP a three-year contract to develop and implement national standardized concentrations for intravenous (IV) and oral liquid medications. Standardize 4 Safety is the first national, interprofessional effort to standardize medication concentrations in order to reduce errors and improve transitions of care. Working with partner organizations, hospitals, and pharmacist, nurse, and physician experts from across the care continuum, Standardize 4 Safety will create, test, publicize, and support the adoption of these national standardized medication concentrations. Everyone has a role; learn how you can be involved!
Adult Continuous Infusions
Compounded Oral Liquids