- Limit to name and current address, phone, email address;
- Try to avoid using a casual email address; use school email address if available.
Degree, university, and years attended (include year of anticipated graduation). List all education (pre‐reqs, previous degrees, etc.). GPA may be listed here; personal preference and is not required.
- Honors and Awards – When listed after education, focuses on scholarships and academic honors/awards. This component may be listed elsewhere (if not near education, usually near the end of the CV, prior to References);
- Licensure/Certifications – Licensure includes all technician and intern licenses and certifications are any additional training, such as basic life support (BLS), immunization certification, etc. List the date of training or expiration date of the certificate. This component may be listed elsewhere (if not near education, usually near the end of the CV, prior to References).
- Pharmacy – Work as technician/intern;
- Experiential Rotations – List in reverse chronologic order, include site, preceptor, and dates; include planned rotations);
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences (APPE) – List all APPE scheduled and completed;
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) IPPE 3 – year (e.g., 2009‐2010);
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) IPPE 2 – year (e.g., Summer 2009)
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPE) IPPE 1 – year (e.g., 2008‐2009);
- Other Experience.
Presentations, Publications, Posters, Projects, Research, Additional Courses
If you have any other presentations, publications, posters, add the Experiential Rotations header to differentiate those done during or prior to rotations.
The following three sections (Leadership Experience, Involvement, and Service) may be listed a separate components to highlight an individual’s involvement or all may be listed by each organization under Involvement.
Opportunity to highlight leadership experience. As a stand alone component, list by year and position. There should be some sort of cut off – distinct position on committee or in leadership structure.
List all organizations (correct titles) and use additional headers if more than just SOP School of Pharmacy – list only if other organizational involvement in University organizations
- American Society of Health‐System Pharmacists/State Society of Health‐System Pharmacists/ Student Society of Health‐System Pharmacy
- American Pharmacists Association (APhA)/ American Pharmacists Association – Academy of Student Pharmacists/State Pharmacy Association Student Chapter (APhA‐ASP/SPA)
- Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity
- Lambda Kappa Sigma International Professional Pharmacy Fraternity Phi Delta Chi Professional Pharmacy Fraternity
- Phi Lambda Sigma – the National Pharmacy Leadership Society Rho Chi Society – the Academic Honor Society in Pharmacy
This section should be used to list/highlight service experience, such as committee work (such as Curriculum Committee, Student Focus Group, etc.).
School of Pharmacy
Use this section for other volunteering, community service that is NOT associated with any of the professional organizations.
Available upon request – Remember to include references as a separate document from the CV.