Hello Pharmacy Student Forum!
As the fall semester continues and we are in the midst of coursework or APPEs, the Midyear Clinical Meeting (MCM) is quickly approaching, scheduled for December 3rd through 7th in Orlando, FL. There’s still time to join over 20,000 of your closest friends and register for the largest gathering of pharmacy professionals in the world.
For student pharmacists, the MCM is great place to network, participate in student sessions, collaborate with student pharmacists across the country, and possibly present a poster. For student pharmacists in their final year, the MCM also provides opportunities to attend the residency showcase, participate in the Personnel Placement Service (PPS), and finalize where to apply for the next step of your career. The MCM is also where the annual Clinical Skills Competition takes place, with final round presentations happening on Sunday, December 3; best of luck to all competitors!
There is plenty of fun to look forward to in Orlando, including Michelle Obama as the Keynote Speaker, Student’s Night out on Tuesday, December 5th, and the Wednesday evening event at Universal Studios! These activities and more are all included with meeting registration. This year is particularly exciting as ASHP celebrates its 75th anniversary check out more information on ASHP’s history!
As you prepare for the MCM, here are some friendly reminders:
- Register for the MCM
- Register for PPS (for final year students that are interested)
- Update/print your CV and bring your business cards
- Pack business professional clothing for interviews and/or showcases, along with business casual attire for other events during the conference
- Remember to pack comfortable shoes
- Bring snacks and bottles of water for those long conference days
- Review the schedule and download the ASHP LIVE! app on your phone to stay up to date on meeting happenings
Also, be sure to renew your ASHP membership to continue receiving the great benefits, including discounted conference registration and access to many great resources. Memberships expire on December 31st.
I look forward to meeting you at the MCM and continue working together as the Pharmacy Student Forum to advance our profession!
Pharm.D. Candidate 2018
Member, Pharmacy Student Forum Executive Committee