Cultivate a community of pharmacy students who are actively engaged and participating in ASHP as their primary professional home.
- Encourage and promote opportunities for student members to participate in ASHP, state and local SSHP programs and events.
- Utilize various social media solutions, e‐mail communications, webinars and other technological solutions to create engagement opportunities and facilitate student interaction and participation with ASHP and its members.
- Improve navigation (user interface) to facilitate access of ASHP digital content.
Grow the number of SSHPs and improve the effectiveness of these campus-based organizations to provide meaningful content to their members thereby achieving the goals and requirements of ASHP recognition.
- Utilize effective outreach strategies to build relationships with students and faculty and grow the number of recognized SSHPs.
- Expand the number and promote availability of ready-made SSHP projects that provide meaningful content to members thereby supporting SSHPs to meet recognition requirements.
- Facilitate communication and opportunities for collaboration between SSHPs to share best practices.
- Engage state affiliate organizations in efforts to grow SSHP organizations and strengthen the unique relationship between ASHP, the state affiliate and the SSHP.
Expand the engagement of students in important professional issues and the ASHP programs, policies, and initiatives that address these issues.
- Develop tools and resources to facilitate discussion of key ASHP projects and initiatives by faculty, students, SSHPs, preceptors, and state affiliate leaders.
- Integrate ASHP initiatives in student educational offerings at ASHP meetings and via webinars.
- Encourage student participation in education, programs, or events that are focused on ASHP’s major initiatives.
- Utilize executive committee messages, social media, and other communications to build awareness of ASHP and its impact on practice.
Encourage and support the development of leadership skills across the continuum of students’ education.
- Engage in targeted promotion of ASHP and ASHP Research and Education Foundation leadership development resources of greatest value to students.
- Provide targeted leadership development education and training at ASHP meetings.
- Encourage and promote the offering of leadership programs for students at state affiliate and SSHP events.
- Provide opportunities for students to meet and interact with ASHP leaders in both live and virtual events.
Assist students in career planning and their successful transition from student to new practitioner.
- Encourage and provide opportunities to cultivate mentoring relationships.
- Provide resources and guidance to support students in career exploration.
- Promote and support the pursuit of residency training.
- Increase awareness and educate students on board certification opportunities.
- Educate students about the opportunities and benefits of remaining engaged with ASHP as a new practitioner.
cate students about the opportunities and benefits of remaining engaged with ASHP as a new practitioner.cate students about the opportunities and benefits of remaining engaged with ASHP as a new practitioner.cate students about the opportunities and benefits of remaining engaged with ASHP as a new practitioner.cate students about the opportunities and benefits of remaining engaged with ASHP as a new practitioner.