Upon completing the program, the extern will:
- Understand the mission, goals and objecives, organizational structure, operations and programs of ASHP in serving its membership;
- Gain a broader perspective of the issues that impact and affect the mission and vision of the pharmacy profession;
- Articulate the importance of pharmacy associations to the profession and the value of participation in local, state, and national pharmacy organizations;
- Define the full range of association activities (e.g. publications, governmental affairs, educational services, and professional activities);
- Enhance skills in leadership, critical analysis, public policy, verbal and written communication, networking, and information gathering, evaluation, and analysis for use in specific organizational areas.