The Pharmacy Student Forum is pleased to provide a Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI) Video Competition for our Student Societies of Health-System Pharmacy (SSHP). The competition calls for quick informational and inspiring videos that will be an imaginative and popular way to educate and advocate for the future practice of pharmacy. This is a way for student pharmacists to showcase their professionalism while also expressing their creativity. These short "public service announcement-type" videos can take on the persona of various genres. Some examples include, but not limited to, commercials, documentaries, parodies, music videos, or movie trailers. The top two finalists will receive certificates, while the grand winner will be recognized during the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting. The SSHP that produces the winning video will receive a certificate and the PAI Video award. So, get creative and work together to celebrate the future of pharmacy practice!
PAI Video Competition
PAI Video Competition
Video submissions will be judged based on the criteria below. A panel of judges, including staff and members, will evaluate all entries and select the top videos.
Judges may give scores ranging from 0 - 10 (0 = lowest, 10 = highest)
Content (20 points total):
- Script (5 pts max) - How closely the video covers the specified guidelines.
- Creativity (10 pts max) - Originality of the video; use of original ideas, illustrations, style.
- Coherence (5 pts max)-Does the video meet the objectives of the contest (i.e. educate professionals about PAI*).
Quality of Production (15 points total):
- Technical (5 points max) - Appearance of video, cinematography, quality of audio, lighting, camera steadiness, camera operation, video editing. Overall video quality.
- Adherence to time limit (5 points max) - Video length 2 minutes max.
- Cohesiveness (5 points max) - How well everything came together in the video, quality of transitions.
Final Product (15 points total):
- Professionalism (5 points max) - Overall professionalism.
- Impact/Relevance (5 points max) - Overall impact and relevance.
- Accuracy (5 points max) - Overall accuracy of information.
- Bonus given at reviewer discretion for exceeding expectations (2 pts max)
Total Possible Points: 50
All videos submitted must follow these guidelines:
- Length: maximum of 1- 2 minutes
- Necessary equipment: video camera, basic video editing capabilities (Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Quicktime Pro as well as many other programs can produce video in acceptable formats).
- Video content must:
- Be relevant to promoting some or all aspects of the Practice Advancement Initiative (PAI).
- Should draw from the PAI Message platform.
- Include a variety of settings and backgrounds (when appropriate).
- Background music fading in and out during transition is encouraged, but not required.
- Save completed video as one of the following formats: AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, or MOV. Please use your SCHOOL NAME (Univ of ABC-PAI Video) in the file name.
- Limit file size to 50 Megabytes.
- Include acknowledgements (If any).
- Upload video using submission link. Due to ASHP by 11:59 pm EST on October 15.
- Intro must include initial video segment entitled "ASHP - SSHP PAI Video Competition" and including your SSHP Recognized Student Society name.
To be considered for the PAI Video Competition, all materials (electronic) must be received by ASHP no later than 11:59 pm ET on October 15.
- Download PAI Authorization and Release Form [PDF] (if submitting multiple forms - submit as one document);
- Complete this online form to upload your video file.
- October 15: All video submissions due by 11:59 ET
- Mid-November: Winning Video selected and SSHP notified
- December : National winner announced at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting Pharmacy Student Forum Opening Session
Questions? Email ASHP Pharmacy Student Forum at email@example.com.
2019 Award Winners
Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
2018 Award Winners
University of Puerto Rico School of Pharmacy
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy
Long Island University Arnold and Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy
2017 Award Winners
Union University College of Pharmacy
2016 Award Winners
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy
2015 Award Winners
2014 Award Winners
National Winner:2014 Award WinnersUniversity of Charleston School of Pharmacy