The primary goal of this program is to spark student awareness of and interest in leadership opportunities within our profession.
This program will be conducted as a 3 hour session and we would like to encourage all pharmacy student attendees to participate. The first half of the program will be didactic, covering many leadership involvement opportunities to advance the profession. The second half of the program will be a workshop with small-group breakout sessions whereby students will explore contemporary leadership topics in depth, with facilitated discussion and large group summary presentations on each topic discussed. The breakout sessions will cover themes such as: a) management versus leadership, b) influencing change, c) career advancement, and d) mentoring leaders. In addition, following the workshop, students will have access to a selection of landmark pharmacy leadership articles that are available on a website designed for the program.
Program Description for Marketing Purposes
Calling all future leaders in the profession of pharmacy! This interactive session will expose you to the state of our profession and open your eyes to leadership opportunities that await you. Learn practical ways to incorporate leadership into your professional life and start building an impressive CV!
- Understand the basics of leadership versus management;
- Understand the relationship between administrative, clinical and other general and specialty leadership roles;
- Understand the need for strong leaders in the future;
- Learn how to build leadership qualities and engage in leadership activities as a student;
- Spark awareness of and interest in careers in pharmacy leadership.