The Membership Home for Pharmacy Technicians
Engage. Empower. Elevate.
Officially launched in April 2018, the Pharmacy Technician Forum is the new membership home for pharmacy technicians, created to further elevate and advance the pharmacy technician workforce. The Forum serves as the central point for pharmacy technician engagement in ASHP, providing tools, education, and numerous other resources to help pharmacy technicians advance their practice.
The ASHP Pharmacy Technician Forum serves as the collective voice for pharmacy technicians by supporting their advancement, professionalization, and engagement within ASHP.
Pharmacy technicians are healthcare practitioners, integral to achieving optimal patient care outcomes.
2021 – 2022 Strategic Goals
GOAL 1: Improve Patient Care by Enhancing the Well-being and Resilience of Pharmacists, Student Pharmacists, and Pharmacy Technicians
- Advocate and collaborate with other technician workforce stakeholders related to pharmacy technician burn out and recovery in particular to crisis management and crisis survival
- Develop and promote education resources to improve the well-being and resilience of pharmacy technicians
- Investigate and evaluate the new and existing determinants of technician workforce burnout
GOAL 2: Advance the Creation of a Well-Defined Professional Career Path for Pharmacy Technicians by Elevating Their Patient Care Roles, Responsibilities, and Vital Contributions to Enhancing the Direct Patient Care Efforts of Pharmacists Career path for pharmacy technicians by elevating their patient care roles, responsibilities, and vital contributions to enhancing the direct patient care efforts of pharmacists.
- Advocate the value of the pharmacy technicians within the pharmacy and healthcare workforce
- Highlight advanced roles of pharmacy technicians and develop resources and toolkits
- Promote career ladders for pharmacy technicians and develop resources and toolkits
GOAL 3: Advocate for laws, regulations, and standards that improve patient care.
- Work with legislators, regulators, standards-setting groups and stakeholders to recognize and support the roles of pharmacy technicians as vital members of the patient care team at the state and federal level
- Support and advocate for standardized, accredited pharmacy technician education, training, PTCB certification, and registration or licensure for pharmacy technicians
GOAL 4. Grow and retain an engaged and diverse pharmacy technician membership.
- Increase member recruitment and retention of pharmacy technicians by anticipating their needs in key practice and professional areas
- Advocate for a diverse, equitable and inclusive pharmacy technician workforce
ASHP Pharmacy Technician Forum Newslinks Registration Form
By registering below you can make certain you receive the Technician Newslinks, and that you will be notified when new information and details regarding the Forum are announced.