NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM.
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc., 4500 East West Highway, Suite 900, Bethesda, Maryland 20814.
- SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW: The Sponsor is having a Sweepstakes to encourage preparing for travel to a professional conference by sharing a video post on Instagram and/or Instagram Stories that is designed to give individuals the chance to explain how they would approach preparing for a big professional conference (an “Entry”) with the hashtag #ASHP19Giveaway and tag @ASHPOfficial. Entries will be added to the Instagram Highlights @ASHPOfficial.
- AGREEMENT TO RULES: By taking part in this Sweepstakes, you (“You” or “Entrant”) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding. Further, You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States residing in THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. Void outside of the United States, in Puerto Rico, and wherever prohibited by law. Employees, agents, officers and directors of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, children, siblings and their respective spouses, regarding of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN SWEEPSTAKES. During the Sweepstakes Period, Visit @ASHPOfficial, find the Sweepstakes post and follow the instructions for Entry. Your Instagram account must be set to “public” in order to be eligible. You can set your Instagram account to “private” any time after the winner announcement. Entries must be posted by the time and date stated in the Sweepstakes posting to be eligible. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. One (1) Entry each day for the random drawing per video submission for each Instagram handle/account during the Sweepstakes period. Multiple Entries are allowed subject to the instructions in these Official Rules. YOU MUST HAVE AN INDIVIDUAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY. TEAM/GROUP/ORGANIZATION INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT(S) ENTRY SUBMISSIONS ARE PROHIBITED. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you may download the Instagram platform and register for an account. Instagram is free to download and join. Once submitted, Entries cannot be deleted, cancelled or modified. An Entry that does not include all required information and adhere to the foregoing and following requirements will be considered void and will not be considered a valid Sweepstakes Entry. All Entries may be added to the @ASHPOfficial and highlighted for ASHP’s 2019 Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition.
Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, illegible, inaccurate, lost and incomplete Entries or Entries that have been tampered with will be disqualified. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the Instagram account. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural individual person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted Instagram account.
IMPORTANT FOR PARTICIPANTS USING A MOBILE DEVICE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES: Use of a mobile device to participate in the Sweepstakes is not required. In the event a mobile device is used, message and data rates may apply.
- HOW TO SUBMIT VIDEO:
Step 1: Create a tip, trick, or “big idea” video for preparing for travel or a large professional conference such as ASHP’s Midyear Clinical Meeting and Exhibition based on the theme: “How I Prepare.” Video Entries should be fifteen (15) to thirty (30) seconds in length. Your video can be as simple as a shot of You explaining your tip, trick or big idea, or as elaborate as an animation.
Step 2: Submit and share Your video/story to Your Instagram account, tag @ASHPOfficial, and include the hashtag #ASHP19Giveaway. All Entry submissions are eligible for report on the @ASHPOfficial channel. An Entry cannot include prohibited content as provided below. Each video must be produced exclusively by the Entrant.
- PRIZES: There will be a total of three (3) prizes of Apple® AirPods with Wireless Charging Case awarded during the Sweepstakes (each a “Prize”; and, collectively, the “Prizes”). The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $159.00. The total ARV of all Prizes is $477.00. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
Limit one (1) Prize for the Sweepstakes, per name and Instagram handle during the Sweepstakes Period. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, but Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All Prizes are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may be awarded at the 2019 ASHP Midyear Meeting at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, Nevada for the winner(s) onsite and will be shipped to winners who are not attending the 2019 ASHP Midyear Meeting in Last Vegas, Nevada.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing to occur on December 8, 2019 at 12:00 p.m. ET from all eligible Entries received. The complete list of all Entries will be randomly assembled and three (3) Entrants will be randomly selected to win each prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Potential winner(s) will be notified via Instagram’s direct messaging feature and he/she will have forty-eight (48) hours from notification to respond to Sponsor. The failure to respond to such notification or a potential winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
- WINNERS’ LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within six (6) weeks after the end date of the Sweepstakes Period to: ASHP, 4500 East West Highway, Suite 900, Bethesda, Maryland 20814.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrants will retain copyright in their work, but each Entrant grants to Sponsor and its licensors, successors and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, exploit, perform, edit, create derivatives of and otherwise use the Entry and all elements of such Entry, together with any other material, as well as the name, user name, city and state of residence, voice, image and/or likeness of Entrant, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any manner, in whole or in part, worldwide, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, Entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO THE YOU.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes shall begin on October 9, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. EASTERN TIME (“ET”) AND ENDS ON December 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Period”). All Entries must be received by December 7, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keep device for this Giveaway. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Any Entry that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective Entry, is void, and will not be honored. No other forms of Entry are valid other than those set forth above.
- PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Contains copyrighted music;
- Is derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, or age group;
- Is profane or pornographic;
- Contains nudity;
- Is obscene or offensive;
- Endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted Entry;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its products or services, any person or any other entity;
- Contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- Contains copyrighted materials owned by others (such as photographs, footage, sculptures, paintings, texts and other works of art or images), without permission to the extent permission is necessary;
- Contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices or other indicia identifying any person (living or dead), such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with Sponsor and/or its reputation; and/or
- Violates any law.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and ASHP in connection with this Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Maryland, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than in Maryland. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, ASHP shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Montgomery County, Maryland and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association then in effect on the date that such notice is given. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Montgomery County, Maryland. Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM. PARTICIPANTS UNDERSTAND THAT THEY ARE PROVIDING THEIR INFORMATION TO THE SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THIS GIVEAWAY SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO SPONSOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM