Join the Section of Pharmacy Practice Leaders Multi-Hospital Pharmacy Executives Committee as they discuss COVID-19 vaccine administration, allocation, and distribution. The Committee’s fourteen multi-hospital pharmacy executives joined by Health-System Pharmacy Administration and Leadership Residents discuss:
- Concerns about resistance to accepting the vaccine
- Organizational planning to manage patients’ that may not have received the COVID-19 vaccine
- Considerations around mandating COVID-19 vaccination for all employees
- How pharmacists and technicians fit into organizations’ planning for tiered selection
- Logistics of the supply chain (including management of vaccine once on-site and the associated capital equipment and disposables)
- Role of the pharmacy as it relates to the management of COVID-19 vaccines and vaccination
- Engagement with state departments of health
- Interoperability with immunization information systems/registries and EHRs considering the management of the various COVID-19 vaccine formulations
Special acknowledgement to the podcast virtual roundtable participants: (Chair) Richard Myers, Pharm.D., M.B.A., BCPS; (Vice Chair) Christy Norman, Pharm.D., M.S., BCPS; Brian Cotter, M.S., R.Ph.; Jordan Dow, Pharm.D., M.S., FACHE; Connor Hanson, Pharm.D.; Eleni Kalivas, Pharm.D.; Kevin Krueger, Pharm.D., M.B.A.; Dave Lacknauth, Pharm.D, M.S., M.B.A.; Indu Lew, Pharm.D.; Tim Lynch, Pharm.D., M.S., FABC, FASHP; Karen McConnell, Pharm.D., FCCP, FASHP, BCPS; Shawn Osborne, Pharm.D., M.B.A., CMRP; Binita Patel, Pharm.D., M.S.; Kuldip Patel, Pharm.D.; Matthew Pond, Pharm.D., M.B.A.; Suzanne Shea, RPh, M.B.A.; Rebecca Taylor, Pharm.D., MBA, BCPS, FASHP; (ASHP Staff - David Chen, R.Ph., M.B.A. and Anna Legreid Dopp, Pharm.D.)
David Chen, RPH, MBA, is the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Assistant Vice President for Pharmacy Leadership and Planning.
ASHP represents more than 50,000 members include pharmacists, student pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians. His role with ASHP includes coordinating efforts of ASHP members in publications, advocacy, education on pharmacy leadership, continuity of care, manager development, reimbursement rules & regulations, specialty pharmacy, and multi-hospital health systems.